Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
245 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 243

RKS, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Walter Schoepf
See User information
Anybody knows a source where I can find these types of wiring connectors? See picture below.
Out of the wiring harness form my Caribbean 1955 that is for the doors (windows) and the new harness did not come with it neither do they have any from where I got the new harness.
Thanks, Walter

Attach file:

jpg  (29.69 KB)
532_501b3e9d67d93.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2012/8/2 21:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Try www.narragansettreproductions.com

Posted on: 2012/8/3 8:22
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Also try Restoration Specialties and Supply.
www.restorationspecialties.com

Posted on: 2012/8/3 8:30
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I looked a while back when needing some and couldn't find anything close. Don't know the name of the style connector or who's product. Finally reused the originals by carefully opening the crimps and removing the old ones off the wire. Cleaned them and attached to new wire with crimps and also soldered the connector to wire.

The plastic blocks contacts fit into are advertised time to time but have yet to see the terminals mentioned separately. Didn't pay attention if the items were block only or also included terminals.

I had no luck in the parts manual but if they are a separate item and someone can come up with a part number, it's possible a vendor might have them. The blocks are mentioned.

For a modern item the closest I came up with is a GM type but don't know if it will fit into the recesses in plastic block or if block could be reworked slightly so they would.

Attach file:

jpg  (19.23 KB)
209_501bd876d27d2.jpg 658X395 px

Posted on: 2012/8/3 8:57
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Seems to me like i've seen those used in some fuse holder app's.

Posted on: 2012/8/3 13:03
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Try AuVeco as a supplier. Not sure if they are still in bussiness or not. Auveco at one time supplied the Series 56 connectors so popular on GM cars for many years.

Posted on: 2012/8/3 13:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Search eBay "series 56" terminals. Maybe some of the sellers there will have some or can give some advice too.

Posted on: 2012/8/3 13:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Auveco is very much in business and do have the GM straight tab terminals and housings. I looked in all the usual places for the unknown round type Packard used.

The boxes of that particular hairpin for the GM power windows has been discontinued according to one of Auveco's larger distributors. The connectors do appear to be available in maybe a different brand in small paks of 5 or 10 from other suppliers. Don't have a connector block to see if there is a chance they will fit ours though.

Posted on: 2012/8/3 13:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I bought a new block from Roscoe as the original had deteriorated. All my terminal ends for the power windows are brass. The switch is Delta Electric of Marion Indiana. I would think they made the terminals and blocks also. Cadillac used the same switches in 1959 - ref a friends 59 Caddy convertible.

Posted on: 2012/8/3 13:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved