Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
180 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 177

West Peterson, Marty or Marston, Packard5687, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Denmark Caribbean
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information

Posted on: 2012/8/10 19:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Denmark Caribbean
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'll comment. An interesting treatment. Not the most flattering by any stretch but the important stuff looks to be present and must at least be serviceable. A total redo but even with all the obvious stuff wrong and missing, I'd bet it would be easier to make a proper car out of that than the "barn find" rusted mess that was on ebay and discussed here recently.

Be interesting to see if it goes & for what amount in US dollars.

Posted on: 2012/8/10 20:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Is this a customized car, an export special or what? Weird grill.

Something dangling in the low angle shot, possibly a rear shock?

Posted on: 2012/8/11 21:46
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Certainly not export from the usual channels. Packard would never have done anything that undignified to their finest car -- or for that matter, their lowest model either -- some of their far out styling studies notwithstanding.

I think the grill might have started out as some kind of decorative architectural screen material from the industrial supply store. It was hijacked and subjected to a mad customizers ideas of refined styling. The filled in rear exhaust ports and other odds and ends are more fine examples of his craft.

Not sure what is hanging down but is low. Looks too far back to be shocks. Power steering hoses are in that area and mine hang down a bit but not that much. Maybe it's a piece of paper or something that was blown off the road and got stuck.

I guess there is always the possibility it might have been damaged and being where it is, parts might have been NA. The owner decided if it couldn't be fixed properly he'd go radical.

Posted on: 2012/8/11 22:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I guess abortions are legal in Denmark. It's what this once fine car looks like. Maybe lowering the car and putting twice chrome exhaust pipes on the outside will give it that finishing touch.

Posted on: 2012/8/12 9:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Customized license plate holder and surprise egg?

Attach file:

jpg  (29.63 KB)
757_5027c0483ddc4.jpg 411X500 px

Posted on: 2012/8/12 9:30
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
I have seen a lot worse. With minimum work, assuming the body and mechanics are good and they seem to be, this car could be very nice. A new grill, some other new chrome, repair or replace bumper ends, paint, it could be very nice.
Note the turn signals on the cowel.

Posted on: 2012/8/12 10:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Gentlemen

For those of you not allergic to European cars, there are a lot of very interesting vehicles in that auction. I spent a fair amount of time last night looking at them.

Most are pretty shopworn and need attention, but there is some spectacular stuff, beginning with the Delauney -Belleville directly following the Caribbean.

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2012/8/12 12:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Guscha wrote:
Customized license plate holder and surprise egg?

Looks a bit far back for a license holder but guess within the realm of possibility. Definitely hanging down and looking vulnerable whatever it is.

That center ornament looks like the original trunk item and bottom half of grill screen looks like it might be the original. Unless hallucinating, think I see spaced marks or maybe depressions where the original vertical grill bars might have been on the screen.

Posted on: 2012/8/12 13:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
The last V8 roster I have shows that this car (5699-1213, MES, 92) whereabouts was listed as unknown. The car was SP Corp, South Bend, In (Copenhagen, Denmark)

What are the red pods on the front fenders? This looks like someone's art project.

The bottom moulding looks like it has marks on it too.

Posted on: 2012/8/12 13:16
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved