Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 199

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Need a picture of fuel line routing
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Looks like some kind of odd pressure regulator with a return line.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 12:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
I seem to recall that one of my spare 288's I bought has simular on it. When I get back from the Doctor's I go out and take a look and maybe a picture.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 14:58
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

A4mech53
See User information
I didnt think that was right. Thanks for the input im gonna see if i can salvage it and make it work if not i will get the correct assembly.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 15:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I just removed my fuel line after installing a cleaned out fuel tank. I had trouble getting the fuel line out and I am wondering how am I going to get the bends completed from the fuel pump , under the engine, and down the side of the engine to the frame. Anyone have some suggestions? I am using the copper nickle material to hopefully make the job easier. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2012/9/3 11:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Could be wrong but if memory holds, think there is about as much room on that as there is on the 56 and bottom between radiator and front crossmember is covered as well.

Don't see how you can do it alone with the radiator in place. You can have the tube straight and feed the end above the frame/body mounts as needed and then into the engine compt. To follow the rest of the path & make the bends and have it lie flat, think you will have to work from the front pulling and bending. With radiator out, while it will be a long stretch over the grill you should be able to reach the clips.

If you have some help to feed and long flexible arms you might be able to lean over the fender or partly crawl in and guide and feed it under the suspension and pulleys without removing anything.

I know I'd be tempted to remove radiator just on principle because I'd undoubtedly shove the tube or a tool thru the radiator at some point.

Posted on: 2012/9/3 16:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I'd rather remove the four bolts holding the front sway bar and splash shield giving room to work from underneath. I like to lay down on the job. I doubt you can do the one piece like production. Memory says I ran mine with the front clip off, but that was a long time ago. The cupro-nickel stuff wasn't available then. I've switched to it now and love it.

Posted on: 2012/9/3 22:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I like the laying down part of installing. I think the rear part to the gas tank can be done so I have decided to make a splice about the middle of the front door and tie the two pieces together. That should make the front portion a smaller piece to handle. I have to imagine the frontal installation for a while to get it down so I don't screw up. I was able to get 25 feet of copper nickle at a great discount($25.00) A lot better than $4.00 a foot!

Posted on: 2012/9/4 9:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Where did you get it??

Posted on: 2012/9/4 11:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I get very good prices as a retired NAPA employee.

Posted on: 2012/9/4 11:16
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

54packman
See User information
this was a drawing i made up when i did my special

Attach file:

jpg  (36.38 KB)
127_504d0c61a87f1.jpg 1280X462 px

Posted on: 2012/9/9 16:38
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved