Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 237

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Thief-proof (body dash) numbers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just a reminder to newcomers of the last year or two, I'm still collecting thief-proof numbers if they can be accompanied by vehicle numbers, Briggs number (41 thru 54), motor number if original to the car, and special notation if RHD or Canadian-built, Henney #s, etc.

My database is approaching 2300 sets of numbers, a small number from original dealer records but most from existing cars. I've published twice on the analysis of this data and if I can get enough more, will likely have enough data to publish an update.

Send them by PM if you want to keep the information confidential. I appreciate all the responses, both yet to come and from many of you in the past.

Thief-proof number is the large embossed number near to the top on the engine side of cowl, enclosed by sideways triangles, e.g. <123456>.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 12:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Thief-proof (body dash) numbers
Just popping in
Just popping in

jgrohio
See User information
I bought a cowl that has the number I35224. Would this be a 1930 Packard. It has a cowl vent on top also.

Attach file:

jpg  (116.98 KB)
5151_50f378fb9b53d.jpg 1280X956 px

Posted on: 2013/1/13 22:18
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

jgrohio
See User information
Number

Attach file:

jpg  (78.19 KB)
5151_50f37a8866a40.jpg 1280X956 px

Posted on: 2013/1/13 22:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, 135224 would be fairly late in the 7th Series (1930).

Posted on: 2013/1/13 23:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day jgrohio,
to PackardInfo.

And, if you have more than just a cowl or another Packard or Packards, I invite you to include your Packard/s in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/1/14 0:34
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Just a reminder to newcomers of the last year or two, I'm still collecting thief-proof numbers if they can be accompanied by vehicle numbers, Briggs number (41 thru 54), motor number if original to the car, and special notation if RHD or Canadian-built, Henney #s, etc.

Owen
I don't believe I ever got around to providing you with the thief-proof number for my car:

Briggs #B71084
Vehicle #2665-2336
Motor #L302309

The third Character in the Briggs number resembles a capital letter "I" more than it does the number "1".

Posted on: 2013/1/31 18:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Gator, thanks for the numbers! And yes, in the font Packard used the numeral "1" is represented as an "I". Your body dash number is quite early, about 5000 units from the lowest known number (which happens to be a Balboa).

Posted on: 2013/1/31 18:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Gator, thanks for the numbers! And yes, in the font Packard used the numeral "1" is represented as an "I". Your body dash number is quite early, about 5000 units from the lowest known number (which happens to be a Balboa).

Owen, I both enjoy and appreciate those tid-bits of information you provide, thank you for sharing. You know I was only somewhat familiar with the Balboa for quite awhile but recently did some research on it to learn more. It was interesting to discover that most of Packards concept cars, except for the Predicator, are currently owned by Ralph Marano who I'm sure you're acquainted with and is also located in your native state. Do you know if it is true that only ONE true Balboa was built and that the "imitator" was actually a modified Carribean as one gentleman posted on the Packard Club Site?

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=431

To your knowledge, did any of Marano's cars sustain damage from the Hurricane?

Posted on: 2013/2/1 10:46
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Benjamin
See User information
Hello, I have a 1931 Packard
Still trying to figure out its exact body style model and other stuff, but here is my number on the firewall.

Also the plate picture.

Posted on: 2013/2/1 11:20
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Benjamin
See User information
Not sure why the pictures arn't showing up.

<142657>

474 179
Delivered 9/24/1930

Posted on: 2013/2/1 11:32
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved