Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 218

TxGoat, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Club Fundraising discussion
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
For some time I have been pondering how I can contribute to our club; what can I do that could most efficiently raise a few bucks.

And for this site as well....

I have some proficiency with Photoshop and have become a "dealer" for an outfit that makes almost anything from your photos: mugs, mousepads, Rubiks cubes, boxer shorts, tapestries, plates, puzzles, clocks and other fine items....

As Packard owners/aficionados, what do you wish you could get that features you and/or your car?

To keep from being immersed in chaos, I'm thinking of several strategies:
1, Appeal to wives appropriately before Christmas. Now you can give him something meaningful that has to do with his car.
2. Appeal to members because it is an opportunity to feature your specific car, not generic Packard stuff.

My take on photographing is that you provide your snaps and I will Photoshop them as possible for best results. Don't want to take them because getting our members to one event at a given time makes herding cats look easy.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this.

Posted on: 2012/12/27 20:44
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: Club Fundraising discussion
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Custom snug fit full front fender covers for 56's. If made for 56's they should work for 55's and most likely 51 - 54's too. Lefts and rites.

Posted on: 2012/12/27 20:57
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The 56 fender cover is a great idea

Posted on: 2012/12/27 22:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Yes, I agree. I made my own fender covers a little over six feet long. No one's fender cover actually covers the fender so I made my own. They are made from a heavy grade of vinyl with a backing of very soft flannel. Ones with the Packard script would be nice.

Posted on: 2012/12/28 0:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Great Idea. Does anyone know a vendor that would/could make this?

By the way, I'm also looking for better ideas for strategies; perhaps defining better choices so we aren't offering everthing, but rather more useful stuff. This fits well.

Posted on: 2012/12/28 18:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
One of the things we used to do in club I belonged to in Texas was to buy slightly dented/rusted/scratched hubcaps that were too far gone to be used on a car, then clean them up and drill a hole in the center of them and install a quartz clock mechanism. Fairly easy to do, and they were hot sellers as long as you weren't trying to sell Hudson hubcaps at the Tri-5 Chevy meetings.

I've also noticed the made in Hong Kong watches with Packard logos - they're cheap, but I don't think they last too long. A better made version might be a good seller. However, there are some of these already being made by some of the clubs.

Also, how about some videos on topics like tuning the engine, overhauling a distributor or carb, setting valves, adjusting shift linkages, removing dashes, rewiring etc? All of these are common issues, and aren't too difficult to the grayer hair group, but they are getting to be a black art to the younger guys. All of these issues are covered in books, but I find that a good video is much more informative.

Posted on: 2012/12/28 20:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Videos. Great idea. But they need to be u-tubed. I have a non-automotive project i need to u-tube but have no idea how to do it myself. Dial up doesn;t help either.

Professional camera operators are too expensive and usualy not interested in shooting anything tech. I've tried googling the u-tube process for instructions. But like most such documentation it leaves alot to be desired for the layperson.

At least a dozen, maybe as many as 40 20-somethings around here i know but none of them shoot any u-tubes. They sure watch plenty of them on their droids and dingleberries or what ever those are.

Posted on: 2012/12/28 21:06
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I've felt the need myself (for videos) but don't know the first thing about making them. Still, it is a great idea....

Make a worthy club project....

Posted on: 2012/12/28 21:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Pat, et al: Good idea and good discussion. I think fender covers with the site logo and made of a grippy material would be a good site fund raising project. One of the regional clubs sells these covers with a Packard logo. I have a pair, but would be willing to buy a second pair. Maybe Cafe Press would be a good place to start for getting them made. Another product that might find interest would be a badge to go on a license plate or badge bar. Mal might like one of these, and I would too.

(o{}o)

P.S. How about a license plate frame? Or we could go into the apparel business with baseball caps. Emmons makes a great cap, not cheap, but high quality. Theirs is much better than the Cafe Press printed logo type.

Posted on: 2012/12/29 11:11
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
JW wrote:...Another product that might find interest would be a badge to go on a license plate or badge bar. Mal might like one of these...
I certainly would!

Posted on: 2012/12/29 14:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved