Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 130

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packards & the Younger Generation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
I also thought that I'll attach an image of my latest purchase. Yes another Packard. This one is a 1955 Packard Caribbean Convertible. This car should be coming out to Australia in a few weeks. The interesting thing is I was reading an article posted a few weeks ago about 55-56's with manual transmissions. This particullar Caribbean has a 55 Clipper engine in it with a manual transmission (which i found out later), I do plan however to convert it back to an automatic transmission system. So if anyone has any information on where i can get a suitable transmission & Torque converter (I realise this may be the wrong section to ask about parts) it'll be appreciated

My mother tried to stop/slow me down on buying Packard memorabilia, I guess she never said anything about cars

Some of you may remember this car it was listed on ebsy a few weeks ago, so yes, I was the silly person who bought it, I couldn't help myself.

Attach file:

jpg  (63.66 KB)
24_486312204b9af.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/6/25 22:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
You may need a steering column. I don't know how previous owner converted to standard tranny. I would put a 56 trans in it as there were several improvements from 55 to 56. You may also need a driveshaft. Good luck on your project.
You will be like friend Owen Dyneto with a 34 and a Caribbean.

Posted on: 2008/6/25 23:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

packard34 wrote:
...... I plan to take the car over to South Australia to attend the Bay to Birdwood Run. One of Australia's biggest Bi-annual runs for classic cars. The run usually attracts over 1000 vehicles and this will be the longest run the 34 has been on for a long time

For the benefit of our overseas friends, it will be about a 1,000 mile trip each way for Mat to get to South Australia. Then there are the daily runs of the rally to add to that. So the '34 will get a fair workout and so will Mat with all the driving involved!

And here's a link for The Bay to Birdwood

http://www.baytobirdwood.com.au/

Mat's also doing a wonderful job as our webmaster for the Packard Automobile Club of Australia (PACA) website. He's just put in a Chat Room and some Forums. Now all we have to do is educate the PACA members of their availability and how to use them. And because PACA has a lot of members of the "older generation" this could be quite a challenge, as many probably don't have a PC or internet access.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 2:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Mal -

Sure looks like Matt will do you Aussies proud.

I think an important key to a successful website is to NOT load it up with so much unproductive "fluff" that bogs the site or even the client side down; BigKev has done a great job, here, in that regard. I've seen to many sites were unnecessary scripting cause the client to hang or even crash - a complaint echoed by plenty of other folk I've met as well.

By all means, you want a site to be full-featured, but if you don't make thing too complicated, you'll attract more people.

However, I still run into plenty of people here in the USA who don't have a PC or even Internet access from home and are forbidden from surfing the Web from work. The cyber-cafe concept never caught on here in rural Western Penna., but local libraries usually have at lease one PC with Internet access. Remote areas not withstanding, I hope same is available in Australia.

Properly administered, a well-balanced website goes a long way in bringing people together from across the miles - even aroud the world - who might have never met otherwise and fosters the exchange of information and ideas for the benefit of all (not just the privileged few).

Posted on: 2008/6/26 7:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
wasn't that carribean the one i posted up the ebay link to and everyone decided that the guy selling it was scamming everyone?

I hope you do get it....if not you may be another victim. i think the buy it now was something like 10 grand or something.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 10:18
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Matt,

Beautiful 34 you have there! Have a great drive.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2008/6/26 11:54
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved