Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
63 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Joel Ray
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I don't mind doing the work as I think it will be a useful feature for the website, but only if the vendors want to participate. Otherwise, it just a glorified 'Wanted Forum'.

From a vendor standpoint all they would have to do is respond to the request that the "Parts Counter" module would automatically email them when someone requests a part. So as long as we can get a couple vendors to agree to that, then I will code it up. It basically a win-win for them as it doesn't cost them anything, and let people requests parts via the website. It would be great for the users as it lets you request a quote for part from multiple vendors with one simple request.

So as long as people will find it useful, then I don't mind doing the work. Thats what I am here for.

Posted on: 2008/12/15 20:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I'll throw my 2cents in. I think while the effort would certainly be appreciated by the (already known) retail vendors, the use of the existing buy/sell should be adequete, and it give the community a chance to buy/sell/trade for a few hobby dollars on the side. Think ebay for Packard parts. (note-I am NOT opening up the can of worms of the latest "improvements" to ebay - and the parts counter theory works both ways, potentially with subsequent offers undercutting the prior just to sell a part - kind of like the anti-ebay, now there's a wild thought...) The popularity of this website seems to be linked to the daily activity, as opposed to the monthly newsletters of PI/PAC for parts buy/sell/trade. In my opinion, this was one of the biggest losses with Marshall Katz retiring from the PAC website. I think it is the curiousity of daily activity that brings me back for a quick look nearly every evening....it used to be the same for the PAC website, but no more.

Posted on: 2008/12/15 23:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eugene Wescott
See User information
I don't think Joel has a website, only the email address in the Cormorant New Bulletin.

Gene

Posted on: 2008/12/25 12:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You can also check out Joel's ebay store.
http://stores.ebay.com/packards1

Posted on: 2008/12/25 12:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Hi guys. I just had a customer call me to say a package he sent me was returned to him as "no such address". I asked where he got the address he used and he said Packardinfo.com. I was not aware my address was posted here and when I looked I saw that it was incorrect. My CORRECT ADDRESS is 22644 Nona, Dearborn, MI 48124. This is the address I have had for about 25 years. Joel Ray

Posted on: 2012/9/10 20:10
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved