Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 200

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

July Austin Cars & Coffee
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I drove the 37 Six Convertible to the July Austin Cars & Coffee event this morning. It is a monthly get together held on the second Sunday of the month at the Oasis. The Oasis is a location for a large dining establishment that overlooks what was Travis Lake. This event enjoys good participation with a full parking lot and garage of all sorts of vehicles. Today was British Car Day and they were well represented. The Packard was the only one there, and received a good deal of attention and complementary remarks. It was fun showing the car and letting young people sit in the rumble seat and have their picture taken by their parents. Trip was uneventful, but it did try and vapor lock on me once. Guess it is time to get my summertime blend of 5% diesel in the tank. We have been having temps in the 105 range for several days, but cooling and rain is expected later today. The photos were taken when I first arrived before the lots became full. Wish your weekend went well and was enjoyed by driving a Packard.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (116.54 KB)
565_51e2d8711a60d.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (135.65 KB)
565_51e2d885ad4fc.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/7/14 11:58
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: July Austin Cars & Coffee
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day John,

"Wish your weekend went well and was enjoyed by driving a Packard."

My weekend went well, enjoyed driving the '41 120 Club Coupe to American Independents Day at Linnwood House yesterday, Sunday. In a total of about 55 Independents including Hudsons, Ramblers, lots of Studebakers there were 7 Packards and DavidM's '12 Maxwell. A good day enjoyed by all.

Took some pic's with my old camera, my excuse for the poor quality of some of the pic's in this album.

Posted on: 2013/7/14 14:49
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved