Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 165

39Rollson, William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: '49 electrical - 6V ?s
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I emailed Max but have not received a reply after several days as yet.
I can try the guy that sold me this one, he has 4 4 drs but they're apt to be in the same shape, except his limo was very clean. But that ends up being a $1500+ pair of lights... Then there's none for that car. I can adapt or make if I can't find. It might end up a 12 V convert anyway, if the motor don't run, so I can hit the junk yards for some modern lights to retrofit.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 16:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Might be easier to call Max and speak to JD or call Kanter and speak to the Packard dept. JD was busy today so he may not get to his email that often. He was able to help me out over the phone on stuff for my car though. I don't think Mike Dulinsky deals much in those years but always worth a phone call. Sometimes he surprises.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 17:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
You could also try Packards1 for the park light bases. He had some NOS ones at one time.

packards1@aol.com

Posted on: 2013/8/5 19:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Can't help with the lights, but most good muffler shops can make you a stainless or mild steel water inlet neck. If you can't find a shop in town, let me know - I have a spare neck in the boneyard. The older Packards had cast ones; the newer ones were steel.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 20:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Just remembered. I had a 40 120 back in Dallas in another century, with a rotted thru water neck. I cleaned it up and used a bunch of JB Weld on it. I taped the outside with electrician's tape, and then applied the JB Weld on the inside, using the quick setting version. I smoothed it out as much as possible. After it dried, I removed the tape and did the same thing on the outside. When it was completely dry, I primed and painted it. It worked for many years. Probably not as good as the original, but the car never had any more water leakage problems.

Posted on: 2013/8/5 21:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
My 23rd Series Packard has a cast iron thromstat housing off probably an earlier car. Very sturdy compared to those sheet metal ones. I have seen these at the PI Packard swap meet in Los Angeles. Having a shop make one is the most expesive option. There are still lots of good spare parts for these cars in private hands.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 9:11
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
The 356 has a cast thermostat housing with the sleeve thermostat retainer in lieu of the wire retainer used in the stamped housing.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 10:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
That 356 unit is probably what is on my 288 engine. It has a rolled brass or copper sleeve under the thermostat. It is a sturdy design.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 14:19
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Max came thru on the parking lights, complete NOS, including lenses and bezels. So I'm parts flush until we have to get road worthy.
I still "repairing" my outlet. I saw cast ones @ Tucson but I'm not giving up yet. I can make a "beast" out of 1/4" plate and pipe, but not there yet. But my shops down, having equipment issues; air compressor, welder(s), etc. Part of the chore and excuse to go fishn. Carb rebuilt nicely last night. Chompin at the bit...
I found the correct decal for the air cleaner but not listed as Packard. I bought "Packard" ones and they were completely wrong for this car. I can post them if someone needs. I found on Dr. Decal listed for a '50 chevy. Correct AC air cleaner silencer decal. Both the air cleaner and Oil cap came out exquisite. Be a shame if it don't run.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 13:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
I've been searching for the earlier pages of the Echlin catalog that cover 39, but could not find them here. Could you post those?
Thanks so much,
Pat

Posted on: 2013/8/11 20:00
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved