Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
249 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 247

Don B, Vaughan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Website Info
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
<Begin Rant>

Just a little note for some of the newer folks out there that may not be aware.

I received an irate email from someone saying they registered for an account and it took me 48hrs before I approved it, "which is bad customer service and what kind of business am I running??"

First of all, this is not a business. It's hobbyist site that I run, manage, and fund out of my own pocket with help and donations from some of the members here. The website uses a lot of rented server resources to hold the 10+ gigs of downloadable PDF connect and the over 10,000 archival photos, and have those housed in a "high availability" data center. So lets just say, it's NOT one of those $30 a month cheapo hosting plans.

I have to manually approve every member that registers so I can try to filter out the SPAM bots and accounts being created in high volume from China and other locations that would just create havoc on the website. Since this website is not my job, but part of a hobby, I am not on my computer 24/7 looking at the emails coming in.

Much like everyone else, I have a life outside of Packards, and have family and daily job that takes priority (I am not retired, nor am I close to it). So please be patient if I may take a few days to respond to things. Sometimes I am traveling for business, or away for a couple of days, or simply enjoying family time.

</End Rant>

Regards,

Posted on: 2013/9/10 10:50
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Website Info
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I don't think we can say it enough: Thanks BigKev for your time, energy and resources for putting and keeping up this great site.
Bigkev is

Posted on: 2013/9/10 11:00
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I agree 100% If you haven't already, maybe you could add a little note on the registration page or a window that would pop up when submitting reminding people it's a hobby and to be patient.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 11:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Big Kev,

I applaud the restraint it must have taken for you to compose your response. You are one of the unsung heroes in Packardom and all of us on this site owe you a huge debt of gratitude for connecting us here.

for all you do. Please accept my donation in support of this valuable resource. I am sure others will follow.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 11:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
... "which is bad customer service and what kind of business am I running??" ...

Kevin, you should bake him a plum pie as you have done 4901 times before.

Attach file:

jpg  (37.97 KB)
757_522f491bce53f.jpg 500X335 px

Posted on: 2013/9/10 11:30
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dadoc
See User information
Not only should we say thank you for this incredible resource, but I would encourage everyone who is able to make a donation to help Kev keep it going and expanding. Unfortunately, I do not presently own any vintage cars (but I will offer three college students as a trade in...lol...if anyone is interested) but I do read and surf broadly. I have not found any website that offers as much information and camaraderie as this one does.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 11:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
I quite agree with you. This website and the members have helped me and my Clipper enormously.

And to Big Kev:

THANK YOU!!!!

Tom

Posted on: 2013/9/10 11:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Kev, Thanks for the best site to gather information that helps the new Packard owner to accomplish what would have been impossible to do on their own. My 54 CLipper is daily driver due to the help with parts and technical knowledge unavailable anywhere else. Keep up the good work and I will increase my donation this year to help make sure this site continues.

Posted on: 2013/9/10 12:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
This is my home away from home, and as such I resent someone shooting from the hip. To whoever posted that to Kev, have a little patience, learn to enjoy the site and the folks who post questions and answers here. We are all a pretty good group and are not competing for trophies or medals - just knowledge and camaraderie.

Attach file:

jpg  (6.32 KB)
23_522f65d34c57c.jpg 203X203 px

Posted on: 2013/9/10 13:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Thank You BigKev and everyone else who contributes to the site. If it weren't for all of you, my life would be a whole lot emptier!

Posted on: 2013/9/10 13:58
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved