Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Suggestions for floor mats?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
My carpet is worn in the front, so I would like to add floor mats that are suitable to the car and halfway reasonable.

Carpet is dark blue.

Two issues:

1) As we all know, the pedals go through the floor; they are not suspended. This fact is not well understood in the floor mat world.

2) I have seen the rubber (?) mats with the humongus logo, which to me is garish and really inappropriate. Or possibly my taste buds were shot off long ago....

Wouldn't mind a rear seat mat that resembled a small oriental runner, but front mats are the priority.

Resources, ideas, suggestions?

Posted on: 2013/10/12 21:10
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: Suggestions for floor mats?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I believe Packards International sells floor mats with the Packard crest surrounded by the "Ask the man who owns one" sales logo. That's what I use in the front of my 55 Pat. They are good quality and can be flipped over (blank on the other side) to save wear and tear until you want to show them off. Yes, it fits on the driver side but with no hole for the BTV or whatever brake you have.

Resized Image

Quote:
I have seen the rubber (?) mats with the humongus logo, which to me is garish and really inappropriate.

This may be the one you've referred to, but then again, maybe not.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/10/12 21:18
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kanter has repros of the Packard offered accessory mats if they are large enough to cover the worn spots. Somewhat more dignified but I don't think they come in different colors like the originals did -- think his are only in black but could be wrong.

Attach file:

jpg  (15.87 KB)
209_525a05b513d17.jpg 406X154 px

Posted on: 2013/10/12 21:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I have the ones that Craig has pictured, but in blue. Not an original accessory, but functional.

Only think I dont like about them is the smooth back. So they tend to move around a bit.

Posted on: 2013/10/12 22:01
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The earlier mats did not say Packard on them, so a plain rectangular ribbed rubber mat is perfectly acceptable.

I never cared much for mats with advertising on them. I know what kind of car I'm driving.

Posted on: 2013/10/12 22:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Pat - Why not go to an auto trim shop and have them make you a set of floor mats? Might cost more than the offerings at K-Mart, but would look and fit just right.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/10/12 22:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Brian A.
See User information
When I purchased my Packerd it had this gas pedal accessory. A couple years later I removed it and found the Packard crest on the gas pedal. What a nice touch Packard did. This accessory slides on the gas pedal from top to bottom and allows you to have a daily driver without the daily driver wear and tear on your carpeting. I don't know if they are still available. I never saw one untill I bought my Packard. I have one of the Packard International floor mats on the passenger side. If the gas pedal accessory isn't available anymore, and there is enough interest, maybe we could get some made.

Attach file:

jpg  (27.98 KB)
1118_525a3d3ae515c.jpg 448X336 px

Posted on: 2013/10/13 1:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
The gas pedal cover + heel pad would be a nice touch. Anyone seen these recently?

The Kanter pad looks functional; the one with the huge circle of Packard is the one that seems too much for me....

I have blue carpet material pads (driver's is for suspended pedals...) but they seem to really slip around a lot....

Posted on: 2013/10/13 17:25
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Tucson Packard had a new on the box pedal cover at Hershey. Give them a call in a few days when they get back to Arizona.

Posted on: 2013/10/13 17:51
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved