Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 213

Marvin, humanpotatohybrid, BigKev, JohnCB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Writing an article of Packard Plant
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jim Boland
See User information
Markuu

The Detroit Free Press did a series of photos of the Packard plant as it appears today and superimposed them on photos taken in the plants' heyday.See them athttp://www.freep.com/article/20121202/news01/120823062 .

Regards
Jim

Posted on: 2013/11/25 9:50
1940 110 Business Coupe (1388)
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

BigBlockHead
See User information
Thank you all for the help ! I really appreciate it. I received the Cormorant Winter 2009 and it's great... except to see the photos from the 80s Packard gathering at the plant and sign "Michigan historic site"...Even I still remember eighties, and it was not that long ago!

Does anyone know how much stuff the Packard Clubs have managed to save from the plant over the years? Are the clubs still in contact with the owners of the plant ?

and what do you guys think the future of it will be?
When I first visited the plant last spring, the snow was melting on the roofs and you could clearly see water going through the whole building all the way to the ground.. that's why to me it seems weird, if someone thinks of saving the plant and turning it to something. But I am not an expert on these issues!

Posted on: 2013/12/4 11:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The Packard Proving Grounds Foundation managed to salvage doors, paneling, and flooring which they offered for sale with certificates of authenticity. I have an office door, a piece of paneling, and a block of flooring with a plaque. There are folks here who are directly connected to the foundation and can give you more and better information.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/12/4 11:55
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
There is no way the structure can be reclaimed for anything.

The favored bid is coming from Peru, the leading country for cocaine trafficking. They knocked Columbia back to number 2.

What is interesting is why the structure is so attractive to drug dealers like BioResource Inc.

Posted on: 2013/12/4 11:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It seems that any TV or newspaper coverage of the financial woes of Detroit can't be complete without pictures of the Packard Plant. This photo was in a nearly 2-page article in the New York times on the judicial ruling by the bankruptcy judge and speculation about implications for pensions and assets such as the Art Institute collections.

Attach file:

jpg  (177.66 KB)
177_52a0c82355de2.jpg 1280X791 px

Posted on: 2013/12/5 13:39
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved