Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
249 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 249

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

900 series coupe roadster, need parts
Just popping in
Just popping in

diecuts
See User information
I am sorting out and restoring a 900 roadster , it got to me all apart, with lots of missing parts over decades of moving around etc. I am using the Packard Light 8 Parts book to organize what I have, and don't have. Should be a challenge as photos of every part are not evident. However, I am now working on the front and rear leaf springs. The parts book shows metal covers over the spings. Any idea where to get these from? Not in Merritt's catalog. I have some extra body parts, like sills, plus some extra chrome parts etc. A pic is attached where I sort of moved some of the parts in place on the frame to make it look like a Packard.....Thanks, Lee

Posted on: 2013/12/5 2:39
 Top  Print   

Re: 900 series coupe roadster, need parts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Well, that's a project X3! Good luck with that. I wouldn't do that with a 55-56 V-8 and I have several examples extant to guide me, including 3 complete cars, one running.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/12/5 4:53
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Correct, the leaf springs, both front and rear, were metal-covered in sections, and I believe they were burlap or canvas-wrapped beneath the covers (gaiters). The only source I'm aware of though there may be others is Automotive Restorations in NJ (908-236-6400) who makes and installs them on your springs. I'm not aware of any "kits" for owner-installed covers on the car.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 9:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Given your are in Michigan check with Brian Joseph at Classics and Exotics. He may also have some 900 parts as well.

If that doesn't work I know a fella in Western Pennsylvania who has made them and can do it on a timely basis.

If you want an idea of what they look like, go to the photo archive. There is a picture of an original 900 sedan that you can magnify.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 11:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Call John Ulrich, 1 (510) 223-9587 in the San Fran/Oakland
East Bay area. julrich2847@att.net

John's owned for years both a '32 Light Eight roadster and
'40 120 coupe, has a 2,000-sq.ft. warehouse filled with 1928-47 Packard parts.

Tell him a black '47 Super Clipper in Walnut Creek sent you.

Meanwhile, any 1941-47 Clipper owners, please take a look
at my "Removing rear vent window from '47" posted Nov. 20th
page 2 of the General forum. Got it out and will get it
back in, but we're curious if Packard made some running
change. Post self-explanatory.

Also, my friend still needs a camshaft for his '30 Model 745 roadster. Even John Ulrich couldn't help us with that.
Please, if you have or know of anyone who has in their hands now such a camshaft or one that'll interchange, please PM me.
But do not tell us who "might" or suggest the usual nationally known names. We've been in all the clubs, know how to read. I've been Packarding as long as Jack Benny was alive, and my friend 55 years, both of us doing so on both coasts. Many thanks!

Posted on: 2013/12/5 16:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
FYI
The PAC Yellow Pages list Packard ignition coils for spring covers.

www.packardclub.org/download/yellow_pages_2013.pdf

Posted on: 2013/12/5 17:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
For a 745 cam, you should check with Alan Strong; he was dumping a complete, but outdoor stored 745 engine a couple weeks ago on ebait, you might track him/that down.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 18:53
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

diecuts
See User information
Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. A friend and I spent the day sorting parts, and got through about half of them. Some are guesses, will try and attach some pics.

The ride control system is somewhat similar to a 1933 frame I have for reference, and appears to be usable with some clean up. The chrome parts need work, the clips appear good, rods are slightly rusty, does anyone reproduce these parts?

Any sources for 900 chrome wiper motors? Once in awhile someone has a set on ebay, but for $2000!! I am going to send the Ride control parts to chrome plating, will hold off if there are any wiper motor parts available to send as well.

Is there anyone casting parts at a reasonable cost? The footrest in the rumble seat area has a bad side molding, the other side is identical and good, perfect for making a cast mold.

Finally, the brake cable systems are complete but rusty. The brackets and clips appear restorable if needed. . Should the cables be ordered from Merrit, and then the brackets and clips added.? Does anyone else make these units?

Thanks , Lee

Attach file:

jpg  (52.07 KB)
4169_52a41d6f02ec5.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2013/12/8 2:19
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

diecuts
See User information
Here is another pic, appears to be a bumper bracket, but is it for a 900 roadster?

Attach file:

jpg  (71.38 KB)
4169_52a41e3e518fb.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2013/12/8 2:22
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

diecuts
See User information
And finally this part, actually a pair of sheet metal parts. no clue where they go, not sill parts, or door parts.

Attach file:

jpg  (92.23 KB)
4169_52a4202d52a91.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2013/12/8 2:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved