Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1950 23 series parts list
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Anyone seen one of these or have one? I know they exist(museum) but haven't found any available. Would like to procure/access one.
I'm still tracking down my interior materials and it appears from all the info I've gathered so far, trim code 68, wasn't too common, and looks like available only for the 23rd's, and only a few models, but not completely sure of that.
I got the "Aller" papers and (my luck) they don't show a 23 series trim list, but have one for all the others, 22 up. So it's like only my car that has this problem but there's got to be others...needle is getting smaller and hay stack getting taller.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 14:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950 23 series parts list
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure which 23rd series parts list you are referring to. I haven't seen any separate parts manuals but there was a salesman's fact book for each new series. That might be the manual you refer to since it would have described or shown upholstery. Ebay and literature vendors would be the places to find one and they do sometimes come available.

There might have been preliminary or different parts manuals (prewar Clipper was one) if it was a completely new model or if significant items changed. Otherwise the existing parts and later service manuals were usually updated and different items or cars were covered thru revised or additional pages.

I only see trim 68 - gray checkered broadcloth - used for 6 23rd series models as listed in the 48-54 parts manual.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 15:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
When I had to contact the Studebaker museum to find the rubber mat P/N's, archivist only found them in a 1950 23 series part list. He sent me a copy of the page, so it exists. I posted the page. BdB has the 22 series list but it don't cover some of the 23 stuff and some is missing in the '54 version. I've seen other references to it, but it's not available anywhere from the literature dealers, so far, I've contacted.

Posted on: 2014/1/3 10:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Post a photo if you do find one. I'm curious to see that the cover looked like. I could see where a separate or preliminary 22nd series manual might be issued because Packard treated that as a significant change from the previous series.

EDIT: I just checked Bob Neal's book and there was a preliminary 23rd issue which consisted only of pages with numbers and descriptions. Instructions were to check and reference illustrations in the 22nd manual. Had a maroon cover. No Ultra info at first but a supplement was later issued to cover the Ultramatic. There was a complete combination 22-23 series manual with illustrations issued in April of 1950

Posted on: 2014/1/3 11:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Before the 48-54 was completed in '54, there were earlier editions and revisions in the form of supplements. But one the complete 48-54 book was issued, the older, scattered, separate supplements were tossed out.

Posted on: 2014/1/3 11:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Evening all...

I have a parts listing which is like a major phone book and covers the years from 1948 to 1954. The series covered are 22nd to 54th. I purchased mine from Max Merritt for about $80 or so. It has the parts lists and a large number of very cool diagrams of the different years and different major systems. It has been pretty helpful at times. I'm sure that the other major suppliers must also have access.

Ernie

Posted on: 2014/1/3 21:23
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Hi Ernie,

We have an example of a parts book with same coverage in this site's archive, scanned to PDF format to provide quick, on-screen, reference. What you have is likely a reprint, but with much better resolution, in print, than can be had from our files. I've had the reprint version parts book for my 55-56 Packards for decades - very helpful.

However, the quest in this thread is for an earlier edition - one that covers no later than 1950 (23rd Series).

You see, with each subsequent model year/Series, the parts book grows, and prior editions are typically discarded. However, as time goes by, some parts for older models may be replaced by alternate designs (with alternate part numbers) - often not because of product improvments, but for the convenience of resupply and warehousing. Some manufacturers will omit part numbers or even an entire applications from the listings when a part is discontinued (so they aren't bothered with orders they cannot fill).

An earlier edition, though not available in reprint, might have part numbers and other information that a later edition does not.

Posted on: 2014/1/3 21:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
there was a 23rd Series Parts List advertised on eBay recently in a lot along with several other parts books. Not sure what happened to them.

Posted on: 2014/1/4 2:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
I have an original Packard Parts list. The cover is blueish and labeled 22nd and 23rd series parts list--dated April 1950. Also there is an original 23rd series parts correction list. Might consider selling.

Posted on: 2014/1/4 11:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Dallas, email me at fishn.jim2@gmail.com with your price/info.
HH - attached is page the studebaker guy sent me and fits the 4/50 date. No cover page sent.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 457.85 KB; Hits: 37

Posted on: 2014/1/5 13:14
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved