Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
246 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 246

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

52-6 Fuel tanks
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm confused -- again. First there were few to no fuel tanks to be had and now at least two are selling repro 52-6 tanks. I thought Kanter had done the upfront work to put them into production and would have had an exclusive. Is this Minnesota company another company of Kanters or did Kanter not foot the upfront work.

I'm also curious why this would not list for 51 also. Is there something I've missed that these repros wouldn't fit or work in 51's?

Posted on: 2014/1/17 17:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 52-6 Fuel tanks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Never mind. Checked your link.
1952 - 1956
Darn

Howard,
What does 52-6 mean?
Is there a source for new fuel tanks for 1940 Super 8s?

Posted on: 2014/1/17 18:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't remember seeing any repro tanks for Packards other than this 52-56 tank that was just announced. This one had been a long rumored Kanter project and fairly long in the making. He finally announced it maybe a month ago and that is why I was surprised to see someone other than Kanter selling it.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 18:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The 51 tank has a different part number. Does it still have the whistle??

Posted on: 2014/1/17 21:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1941
See User information
I am interested in knowing the difference between the '51 and the '52.I need a '51 and they appear to be so similar, that I am going to try one of the new '52-'56 tanks.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 22:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I think the only difference between the 51 and 52-56 tanks is the fill whistle on the 51. You should be able to use these tanks in a 51 if you don't mind losing this feature.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 22:50
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I can't find the tanks listed anywhere in Kanter? What is the link and the price?

Posted on: 2014/1/18 16:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I can't find the tanks listed anywhere in Kanter? What is the link and the price?.

Despite the age we live it, the Internet isn't always first with information - this time it's hardcopy Kanter catalogs that are first. We just had a discussion about them with pricing, etc. on this forum a few weeks ago - guess you missed it. Excerpt from October 2013 catalog for 55-56 models attached (there are separate hardcopy catalogs for various years/groups of years))

Attach file:

jpg  (120.88 KB)
177_52daf633830a9.jpg 1215X761 px

Posted on: 2014/1/18 16:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Despite the age we live it, the Internet isn't always first with information - this time it's hardcopy Kanter catalogs that are first.

Looks to be almost the same prices from Kanter and that Minnesota place. Next time you see Fred, I'd be curious to know if that other company is affiliated. The tanks look to be the only Packard items they carry. Sure surprised Kanter's didn't have a tank exclusive with the Packard folks after doing the work.

Posted on: 2014/1/18 17:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
It appears Kanter throws in some more parts for the same price

Posted on: 2014/1/18 20:08
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved