Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 205

kevinpackard, Don B, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Seat Belts in 115C
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
We had an especially nice day in Central Texas yesterday and I took advantage of the 80F temp to install a set of seat belts in the 115C. I ended up removing the seat assembly in order to layout and drill holes for the anchors. The belts will add a bit of security to the occupants, mostly keeping them from sliding around on the flat seat. I am pleased with the way the project turned out. A little sore and stiff today from all the in and out and up and down doing the job. I'm getting too old for this stuff, but I can still do it. Here is a photo with the belts installed.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (113.02 KB)
565_52deae428f8a8.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/1/21 12:29
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Seat Belts in 115C
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
John, It looks good! Seat belts are a must have in any car I drive.

Posted on: 2014/1/21 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Nice job and Dave above's right. ANY car should have seatbelts, and a fire extinguisher. Be glad you have an old body style Packard, because in 1941-47 Clippers, seatbelts require notching the back of the front steel shell seatback to get the best angle to the floor. Always use H U G E washers, etc. under the floor to spread the force.

Posted on: 2014/1/21 15:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Great Job, JW. Let me take the opportunity to also agree: Safety is a must with our cars, seat belts are a must.

Pat

Posted on: 2014/1/22 19:51
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
I have a 120 coupe convertible and have been assessing how and where to install seatbelts. Your finished project looks great but how did you do it? Where did you put the holes in the floor pan and how did you reinforce the pan for the potential strain of the belts? I have been trying to determine how I can attach the belts directly to the frame?
Thanks for any pictures or advise,
Rod

Posted on: 2014/1/23 18:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
JW. with that front seat....just shove 3 full size adults in it and you aren't moving anywhere!! LOL!! for me i'd need a roll bar...remember my head stuck up over the windshield.

my 55 will have seat belts as well, front and rear.

Posted on: 2014/1/23 21:06
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I am concerned about the crash worthiness of the 115C Convertible Coupe. Partial wood framed body and stiff frame. The belts may just be an illusion of safety and security, but probably better than nothing. Drive safely.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/1/24 12:19
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved