Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 228

curpack, BigKev, Don B, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packards International Membership Meet
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Yes, PI was in Warren, OH during the Legacy Meet and, in fact, I signed up for a dinner hosted by PI at the former J.W. Packard home. A number of other PAC (dual members?) were also in attendance. There was a long article about this in the PI summer 2014 magazine.

Things are much better than they were before and I sense a change in direction.

BTW, the two clubs will be meet together again at the 2015 Lincoln Highway Tour. This cross-country tour will start at the Packard Proving Grounds in Shelby Township (Utica), MI on Saturday, June 27, 2015. Participants in the tour will also have a Welcoming Dinner the night before.

Things can only get better from here.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 15:12
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Roger:

When you say "PI was in Warren" can I assume you mean as individual members, not as a PI function? Yes, there were plenty of PI members present who left their Cleveland venue and drove down for a day or so. But I very distinctly recall PI being invited by PAC to host a day's events (such as Eastern Packard Club and other Packard organizations did) and declining to participate.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 15:22
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
For those coming into the area for the meet....here is your weather forecast. Bring your sunscreen and hats!

Attach file:

jpg  (33.09 KB)
1_54da8d04eb71d.jpg 1066X246 px

Posted on: 2015/2/10 17:58
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Hi Roger:

When you say "PI was in Warren" can I assume you mean as individual members, not as a PI function? <...snip...>.

Hello Owen:

Sorry, I may have switched gears pretty fast there.

In your post I think you were talking about the 1999 Centennial Meet and yes, PI held parallel events in Cleveland while PAC had their events.

However, I was talking about was the 2014 "Legacy Meet" in Warren just this past summer. In the fifteen years since 1999 a lot has happened and the atmosphere was much more convivial this time around. PI hosted this dinner at a time that did not conflict with any other pre-planned events that PAC scheduled. I can only assume that this was all coordinated with all the parties involved.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 18:01
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Any pictures?

Posted on: 2015/2/14 22:41
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I was so busy running around I actually didn't even take one photo. But I know others there that did. So will have to wait for those to surface. The temps were cresting 90f and the show was on blacktop. So it was a toasty day indeed.

The show was a bit smaller this year with probably less than 50 cars in attendance. The hotel sold off part of their parking lot to developers, so the existing lot was shared between us and hotel patrons which made for space issues.

Swapmeet was decent, and I found a few treasures at good prices. Including a perfect chrome 53-54 hood ornament for $75.

There we two 56 Caribbean Hardtops in attendance, each with the same paint scheme. a 55 Clippers (red/white), Robert's '54 Patty from Phoenix, the 53 Caribbean 'Scarlet Lady', 52 Convertible, and besides my car that was pretty much it for Postwar. Everything else was prewar (Super 8s, 12s, 120s, etc).

Loaded up my '54 and Duanne's 160, and took a group to out a local brewpub for dinner. To which the Valet said "I assume you don't want anyone else to park those cars?" ....... "Correct."

Posted on: 2015/2/16 11:02
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
about all I snapped..

Attach file:

jpg  (19.13 KB)
439_54e22ec60dd56.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (13.91 KB)
439_54e22ed938274.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (22.69 KB)
439_54e22eec15d54.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (15.75 KB)
439_54e22f18a1527.jpg 360X270 px

Posted on: 2015/2/16 12:56
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved