Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 158

Bob J, Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Fuel Pump conversion for 1930 733
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
Gene,
I bought the fuel pump from e.bay. Make sure it is the low pressure, about 4 lbs. I bought the Moroso fuel regulator from O'reilly Auto Parts, setting it at 1 1/2 lbs. The DL Carburetor has the standard needle and seat in it.
Thanks,
Mike

Posted on: 2015/5/12 7:49
Proudly using my real name for 67 years.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eugene Wescott
See User information
Thanks for the info,

I do have a small crack in one of the threaded fittings abd sin-me of the threads have broken away. Where did you get the fuel pump as Great Plains Packards has an AC fuel pump for sale. Not sure what the psi is on that one.

One other thought I had is if the condenser is not good and it doesn't have enough voltage stored to fire the plugs making it feel like it's running out of gas.

Thanks
Gene

Posted on: 2015/5/12 10:06
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
Gene,
I don't recall where this pump came from. I have bought pumps in the past from GPP, as I am a member, and have had good luck with them. Just make sure it is low pressure.
Thanks,
Mike

Posted on: 2015/5/12 10:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Amazon amongst others has the Airtex E8902 universal pump which according to the Airtex site is rated at 2 1/2 to 4psi. Amazon does not seem to have a Moroso low pressure regulator as mentioned by the other poster but they do carry Holley which claims to regulate from 1 to 4 psi. Don't know about ebay but I've found Amazons Airtex prices to be lower than the few local stores which carry the pumps.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 10:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
HH56,
I would be all OK with all of that you mentioned.
Thanks,
Mike

Posted on: 2015/5/12 11:26
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved