Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 206

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: 1939 packard serial number
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The TPN is NOT a serial number. Are you saying you have no vehicle number because the aluminum data plate is missing?

Posted on: 2015/9/16 12:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
photo will identify the year. Can be registered on the engine number

Posted on: 2015/9/16 14:36
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
I am confused here.....the engine number is T30611 and earlier post says its a 1937 engine....it has a rebuild tag on it too from a shop dated 1954.....so the engine is probly out of another car.....there is no data plate on the car......and the firewall <.....> is blank between the triangles....so with wrong engine,there is no original number ?

Posted on: 2015/9/16 22:46
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
pic of car

Attach file:

jpg  (41.76 KB)
103921_55fa4c6cbffbb.jpg 660X495 px

Posted on: 2015/9/17 0:15
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
pic,very solid,original paint on floor,no rust anywhere,still paint on frame and chassis parts,no gravel road damage,some poor fender dent repairs,grille and front parts nice,.....is center piece in front bumper original ?....was in shed since 1962 or so in northern canada until a few days ago

Attach file:

jpg  (35.47 KB)
103921_55fa4d6c79dac.jpg 660X495 px

Posted on: 2015/9/17 0:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
From the pic's can confirm you definitely have a '40 110 Coupe! Either a 1385 Club Coupe or a 1388 Business Coupe. The centre piece on the bumper is an original feature, probably had to pay extra for it though. '40 model 110's had an engine number starting with C so unless you misread the stamp, some are difficult to read, you have a '37 115C engine. And bkazmer said earlier "Can be registered on the engine number" so maybe not too big a drama without the VN plate. Does the guy you bought it from have any documentation at all which would help to properly identify it?

Posted on: 2015/9/17 0:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
thanks....the engine number is quite clear to read.....I noticed that it appears to have no backe seat also from inside trunk,possible 2 big delete plates,did rear jump seats fold into trunk area ? there is no original documentation....actually I used to bring cars from California to Canada years ago,needed to show US side of border tittle to leave,and in Canada we threw tittle in garbage,just need a bill of sale to licence,now we have sort of a tittle system called a TOD[transfer of ownership document] it is a registration card when you licence the car and then sign it over to new owner to get their own new registration,no actual tittle.....I can get a ownership easy in 5 minutes but if I get stopped by police,have to show them actual number on car

Posted on: 2015/9/17 1:13
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
thanks very much for the info on the front bumper,I thought maybe it was from a more fancy model,the style of it dosnt really match the rear bumper,rear bumper has "Packard" writing in the center and plain bumper guards.....my first impression of the car was that the back half of the car is like the designers we in a hurry to get away for the weekend Friday....too plain,no art deco design or trim,even the belt line trim stops at rear quarter window

Posted on: 2015/9/17 1:27
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
I am new to Packards and excited with this car and have lots of questions,you folks sure have the answers too,does anyone sell reproduction front fender marker lense,windshield rubber gasket,running board rubber covers,......and I was wondering if a 1940 engine with overdrive is able to drive 60 mph no problem ?

Posted on: 2015/9/17 1:56
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
25 ? for sale $2500. Canadian...probly about $1800 US now haha....it is in Calgary alberta,engine turns over

Attach file:

jpg  (24.77 KB)
103921_55fa697d59c39.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (29.63 KB)
103921_55fa69a6b51bb.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/9/17 2:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved