Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 221

Packard Don, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Carter aw-1 1937
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
While taking a close look at my carberator on my 37 I see my metering rod is on the top side of the power valve lever ! .if I set it up under to lift the rod , as under power on the close side the metering rod bottoms out. It acts as though the metering rod is 1/8" to long. The metering rod no. Is. 75-450 and the main jet is a. 120- 185. Does anybody know what should be in here. This carberator was rebuilt by someone and is clean as new. I have rebuilt gm quadrajet carberators but this has me stumped Thanks. Dave

Posted on: 2016/1/23 15:50
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Re: Carter aw-1 1937
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David rose
See User information
I have found out that the rebuild on my carberator is fine, the metering rod is held up by a spring and when the motor is running it is held down with vacuum on the power valve , when the excelerator is pushed the linkage lifts the metering rod. A good article on this is on you tube for the carter aw1 carberator on mikes parts.

Posted on: 2016/1/24 19:31
Learnig
 Top  Print   

Re: Carter aw-1 1937
Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
iPad,
By any chance, do you mean the Carter single barrel WA-1?

If so, this is a very widely used and reliable carb.
Pat

Posted on: 2016/1/25 11:56
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved