Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 166

Charles, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2016 Santa Fe Concorso
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The Santa Fe Concorso just concluded its 7th gathering. It has evolved into a significant regional concours. I have been fortunate to be associated with the Concorso since the beginning, first as a spectator in 2010 and since then a volunteer. There were about 100 vehicles (automobiles, race cars, motor cycles, bicycles, and more) on the field for Sunday's showing. Before that 70 of them gathered on the historic Plaza early Saturday morning to be viewed by the early risers before departing on the traditional Mountain Tour.

Santa Fe is a beautiful place to visit anytime of the year, but late September, when the Concorso is held, is in my mind, the best time to be in North Central New Mexico. The climate is most welcoming with daytime highs in the 70s and night time lows in the 50s. If mother nature cooperates you may get a chance to see the turning of the Aspens to a bright golden color. Not to mention the delicious food.

There was but one Packard, a 1934 Super 8 Convertible. And it was a beautiful one. Unfortunately, it was suffering from ignition problems that could not be fixed on site and was running on only 4-cylincers. Still it was able to drive up and receive its best in class award.

I took photos of this year's class winners and posted them on the AACA website. I chose to do it there due to the large variety of vehicles presented and only one Packard. Here is a photo of the Packard. To view it and the other class winners go to the AACA's website, then Forums, then General Discussion, then look for two postings entitled 2016 Santa Fe Concorso Class Winners.

Enjoy.

Attach file:

jpg  (312.09 KB)
565_57fbef9008bdd.jpg 1592X1194 px

jpg  (416.66 KB)
565_57fbefa798aba.jpg 1632X1224 px

Posted on: 2016/10/10 14:49
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: 2016 Santa Fe Concorso
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Links to AACA threads.

One.

Two!

Posted on: 2016/10/10 19:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: 2016 Santa Fe Concorso
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Mal, thanks for the links they make going to the photos much easier. Also thanks for your many photos of the recent event in Oz.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/10/11 10:14
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved