Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
248 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 248

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: The Packard Bookshelf
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Hank,

I was referring to the red, limited edition of the Kimes book splitting in two.

Actually, I thought Packard53 had one of those that split down the spine, but he may be confused by your comment for the Packard Crestline.

I have never heard of a limited, gold-engraved edition for the Crestline book - tell us more. Do you have an ISBN for it? (Should be different than what I have listed.)

Posted on: 2008/11/28 22:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

Yes, that's exactly why I spent so much time trimming down the text from my original posts at that old Packard DF.

I wanted to let others tell what they liked or didn't like about a particular title or edition. Whether someone simply has the book doesn't quite tell a newcomer enough. I don't pay as much attention to the star rating at Amazon as I do the individual comments.

Thanks for adding that extra functionality to the feature.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 22:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
My copy of the Kimes book is not in the best of shape as the spine is starting to split also but over the years it has had a lot of use so I'm not surprised.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 22:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i will have to look at the book i have. it is red leather, with cover and has gold leafed on the outside. i just looked and it is the Kimes. my post was wrong, i don't have the limited edition of the other book, because it doesn't exist. ;0) oops....kev can you delete that post by me. or all if you want, i don't care.

i only added that i had the books that i had incase someone wanted to ask me something about them or needed me to look something up in them. it wasn't a pride thing, i thought it would help someone to know that i had it if they wanted to ask me something about them. that was all. sorry.

hank

Posted on: 2008/11/28 23:17
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kev, you gave us an add comment & edit function but now it looks like a delete entry is needed as well. There was a duplicate entry on one of mine which I can't get entirely rid of. Apparently the site was just very slow, and nothing was locked up when I went back and added one that appeared to quit & didn't submit. Would you delete the lone picture of "Revived from the Dead" please.

Posted on: 2008/11/29 0:09
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard, I purged that entry for you. I will look into the merits of delete function.

Posted on: 2008/11/29 13:22
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Hank -

No apologies necessary for such a misunderstanding.

While the Bookshelf feature was meant to be a bit more than a signpost, I never intended it as a replacement for more direct interaction between people - just a jumping off point.

If someone has question about a book that isn't answered by the reference, I hope they'll ask a direct question in the forum - even if it means starting a thread. Those - like you - who have a copy of the book will naturally be inclined to respond. In turn, the answer(s) may just inspire someone to post or a "critique" back at the Bookshelf feature.

Meanwhile, I never imagined that we'd accumulate 28 entries so quickly - FANTASTIC!

Thank you for adding the entry with imange of the limited-edition of the Kimes book. Thirty years later, there are a lot of people who may have never seen that one; take good care of that one.

Posted on: 2008/11/29 14:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Howard -

Thanks for adding "Revived from the Dead". I remember thumbing through that one at the museum's gift shop in Warren, during the Centennial, but just couldn't recall the title.

Posted on: 2008/11/29 14:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There is a new(?) book out by Don Reedy and another author about Packard jacks and tools. Does anyone have a copy and any comments about its value? I understand the selling price is $50.00.

Posted on: 2008/11/30 9:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information

Posted on: 2008/12/2 14:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved