Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
248 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 247

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Would like to find my old Packard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
I don't currently own a Packard, but there were a lot of them in my past. The first was a '37 six cyl. 4 dr., and that got traded up to a '49 22nd series sedan, which got traded up to a '52 2501 sedan, which got wrecked and totaled
followed up by a '53 Caribbean which I owned from 1957 until
1967, and only sold because it needed more work done than I could afford at that time. That car's VIN is 2678-2540, and I would be delighted to find where the car ended up, and certainly hope it never went to a junk yard. Hoping that someone in the membership here would be able help dig up any info.....Sincerely, Svensk

Posted on: 2008/11/29 0:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Would like to find my old Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Svensk,

Probably your best bets are the Roster Keepers for '53 Caribbeans in PI or PAC. Unless of course someone here currently owns the Carib in question.

Posted on: 2008/11/29 0:15
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've checked my VN data on the dozen or so 53 Caribbeans in my database and yours is not among them. Try the roster keepers, as already suggested.

Posted on: 2008/11/29 9:19
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
Thanks Guys, I really appreciate your assistance, as I will continue searching in whatever forum would likely produce an answer. Your Packard Lovin' Friend, SVENSK

Posted on: 2008/11/29 23:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
What city were you in at the time that you owned the Caribbean? What color combination was it? Electric windows or crank? Any other identifying features you can remember?

Posted on: 2008/11/30 18:55
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
In reply to (55 Packard Conv.) I purchased the car in 1957 in Jamestown, New York from Cusimano Bros. Packard Agency.
It was previously owned by Earl Zahn , A local Pennzoil distributor, who purchased the car new in Lakeland, Florida
in 1954, as a carry-over model. The car was Gulf Green Metallic, with roll-up manual windows and manual seat adjuster, power antenna and Ultramatic Trans. I sold the car in 1967 to a man in Frewsburg, New York; he had it in storage for many years and sold it to a man in Gowanda, NY
who had it "restored" by a shop in Springville, NY at which time I lost track of it, though it was rumored that it was sold at a classic and antique auto auction in Niagara Falls NY--end of story until I find out more.

Posted on: 2008/12/1 23:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
I know of just such a car here in Michigan, but I don't know the serial number. If it turns out to be your former, car, it was bought by a college student around 1975. It was fairly rusty and received a trunk floor transplant as part of its restoration. It's still owned by the same family, and is maintained as a car to be driven and enjoyed. I'll let you know what the VIN is when I find out!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 2:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Well, sorry, but it's not your old car. The Michigan car is # 2447, and was sold in or near Grosse Pointe. Interestingly enough, this car was also a 1954 sale.

Posted on: 2008/12/3 21:18
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
I sure appreciate all the effort that you folks have expended, and am confident that we will keep looking
until something shows up. I am just sure that it is still
in existance somewhere-----------Thanks, SVENSK

Posted on: 2008/12/6 0:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Svensk,

The PAC Rosterkeeper for 1953-54 (26th and 54th Series) CARIBBEAN Models 2678 and 5478 is listed in the PAC Mbsp Directory as:
Vance George
208 Briarwood Road
Athens, AL 35613
home 256 232-5011
bus 256 544-6765
email: Caribbean53@yahoo.com

There are about 90 - 1953 Caribbeans registered by PAC of the 750 produced.
There are about 45 - 1954 Caribbeans registered with PAC of the 400 produced by Packard.

I don't know Vance, but I bet ya ke can talk Caribbean!

DanL

Posted on: 2008/12/6 0:35
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved