Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 226

Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

41 Packard 160 Parking Brake Handle
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Can anyone advise me on the correct color for the parking brake handle in a 41 160 sedan ? I've seen brown and a light caramel color on a few 41's

Posted on: 2016/12/14 18:19
 Top  Print   

Re: 41 Packard 160 Parking Brake Handle
Home away from home
Home away from home

saltydog
See User information
Light brown. G

Posted on: 2016/12/14 23:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Thank you !!

Posted on: 2016/12/14 23:50
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Darrin180
See User information
Same color as the steering column,,,,,

Posted on: 2016/12/15 1:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hold up a minute......the parking brake and steering column not always light brown/dark tan.

It all depends on the interior selection of the car.

If the interior is standard (one color) either fabric or leather, then the parking brake and steering column are light brown/dark tan. Additionally, the instrument is woodgrained - 110s in mahogany, 120/160s in burled walnut and 180s in crotch walnut.

However, if the car has either the Multi-Tone interior (2-tone) then the parking brake, steering column and instrument panel are painted to match the lightest color used in the 2-tone fabric.

Additionally, if the car is a 160 DeLuxe convertible, then the data book says, "The instrument panel matching the upholstery color scheme has harmonizing plastic fittings." From this one might assume that the DeLuxes also had the parking brake and steering column painted to match the instrument panel. Not sure about this as I've not studied an original 160 Deluxe model.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 7:37
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
On multi-tone cars I think they did a really crappy paint job over the standard brown which wore and flaked away creating confusion. However, I've seen a standard wood grained dash with a gray column and handbrake. I've also seen that weird tan on the column with a brown hand brake. So I don't know what they were doing.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 20:24
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved