Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 227

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Gas Door Guard for a 1951 Senior
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I agree, Joel is a straight shooter and won't do ya wrong.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 21:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
No problems dealing with Joel in the past.

Posted on: 2009/2/5 0:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes I'm just a little too untrusting sometimes. I'm old school. I like to see the guy I'm dealing with and touch what I want to buy. If everyone was as honest as apparently this seller is I would not have any problem buying on line.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 12:08
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Bob,

My experiences from eBay are usually this.

If I am buying from the EBay Packard vendors (like Joel) that only sell Packard parts. Then they know their stuff, and wont steer you wrong.

If you are buying a part for an individual, or someone that is selling parts many different makes of cars, then you are are taking a crap shoot unless they can provide detailed pictures and the actual part number.

Sometimes I have found deals of the century because someone misidentified a part, and because of that no one was interested in it or found it. But I was able to ID it from the picture, and snatch it up cheaply.

Also look at the persons percentage rating on Ebay, and the negative feedback they may have. That is usually how you can filter the good sellers from the bad.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 12:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
Sometimes I have found deals of the century because someone misidentified a part

Kev, Speaking of parts put into the wrong category on ebay I bought a 51 Cormorant hood ornament from a seller for $24.00 that was not listed under ebay motors. The plating was beautiful and it had almost no pitting. Mine was the only bid.

Posted on: 2009/2/7 11:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved