Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bijur fitting for 740
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
After examining the Bijur system, I was happy to find it is almost all in place. There is one length of line missing between the right rear Tee-fitting and the three-way connector for the line leading to the right rear spring hinge bolt.

I understand 3/16" refrigeration tubing can be readily obtained. Need to find what is described in the Service Parts List as a "Lubricator Tube Union Nut (Junction End)" for fitting the tubing to the Tee-fitting. (The other end of the tube is soldered to the three way connector.) Neither Bruce Blevins nor Classic & Exotic offer this part. Is it a common fitting, perhaps used in refrigeration, that can be obtained elsewhere?

Posted on: 2017/9/24 20:51
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Bijur fitting for 740
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Bartrom
See User information
Although I am not able to get to my parts for a while most of the tubing and fittings came off of my 1930 chassis in good condition. If you are still in need I'll see if I can help you out.

Posted on: 2017/9/25 20:19
1930 boat tail speedster
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Sherlock,

You can always use a 3/16" brass compression fitting tee. If it is out of sight no one will ever know. I used several on my '32 901.

Posted on: 2017/9/26 22:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Thank you gents!

Posted on: 2017/9/27 14:18
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved