Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 120

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1941 hubcaps 110
Just popping in
Just popping in

JohnCB
See User information
Hello, I am looking for a nice set of 1941 Packard 110 hubcaps for my club Coupe that is just about completed. I only have a set of hubcaps that look like they are correct only missing the 110 on caps. I would even be happy to find another set of those since mine are kinda beat up and the car is all nice. Reproductions of either caps would be fine. Thank you.
Sincerely, John

Posted on: 2018/1/28 16:05
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 hubcaps 110
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day JohnCB,
to PackardInfo but sorry I can't help with your query. You could try Kanters, Max or Hirsch for maybe NOS, used or repro.
And for including your '41 One-Ten Club Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2018/1/28 16:11
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
John,
You may have been in touch with a listing on ebay....sounds familiar. The ebay listing was entered on my wife's ebay account as she buys and sells a lot of "stuff". I am trying to set up my own account with the hub caps I have, to eliminate the delay when she gets a question regarding the Packard items. Message me for more information.
Bob 2126

Posted on: 2018/2/11 17:19
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
Below are the PACKARD/PACKARD covers for possibly 40-41, I have Packard "script" (early 41??) Packard Eight (33-36??), PACKARD ONE TWENTY, and several other styles. some have minor shelf rash but everyone I have cleaned up has been excellent-flawless. The cover in picture below is one of the only ones that remained intact over the years. Most turned into "confetti". A few of the Packard Script hubcaps appear as factory seconds for "replacements" with stencil misalignment. All came from Gibbe's Machinery in Columbia SC (The Packard dealer/service center until 1962 when they cleared the parts department for VW support parts.

Attach file:

jpg  (421.81 KB)
97266_5a80c22c72a08.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2018/2/11 17:29
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
ebay listing mentioned above. Still trying to clean and list the other 30 +/- hubcaps. This listing is what I call excellent. there are only a handful that have this shelf rash others are essentially "flawless". Have sets of four available.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Packard-1941-Wheel-Cover-NOS/301096836900?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Posted on: 2018/2/11 17:43
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

JohnCB
See User information
Thank you very much for your response.
I think the hubcaps in your picture are for a Packard Clipper. I recently purchased a repro set of these and realized that they are larger in size and will not fit my rims. My old caps that are beat up look exactly like them however, they appear to have only 3 of the outer ridges on the cap where these have 4 ridges. I wouldn't mind having this kind of cap even if they did not have the 110 on them. I recently bought some that had the 110 on them but they are not as nice as I was hoping for. I should take a measurement and put it in the post. If you have or find some you think would fit for me even if they are reproductions with or without the 110 I would really be interested.
Again, I really do thank you and appreciate making and taking the time in helping me
Sincerely,John

Posted on: 2018/2/11 17:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
yes, please give outer diameter and inside shell diameter. I think we corresponded (thru my wife's ebay account) but there may have been some confusion. She normally sells and buys tech stuff so Packard "jargon" is outside of her comfort zone...lol....

Posted on: 2018/2/11 18:09
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

JohnCB
See User information
Great! Thank you! When I get home tonight I can take some measurements and maybe some pictures (I'm really technologically poor)
My understanding is that the caps for the car do look like those but have 110 on them as the others models have 120, 160, and so on. Although I have seen 110 cars that had these caps that look exactly like you have without 110 on the cap (when I first got the car that's what they had on them with no 110) I am wondering if it was a transition thing or something ? I saw a 110 Packard that had Packard Six on the cap but I think it was an older cap on the car?
John

Posted on: 2018/2/11 18:22
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

JohnCB
See User information
Do you just have hubcaps only? I am also looking for the outer little rear bumper guards too if you happen to have information for those?
Thank you again,John

Posted on: 2018/2/11 18:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
John, I only have a few parts other than hub caps. Most of bumper parts are post war, Have two grills and random bits of front fender trim (chrome fender moldings). Most of the inventory was picked over over the past 15 years. Hub caps were stored separately so they didn't go anywhere. Side moldings and spears for 52-55 cars and some belt moldings fro 41-47 sedans. Kanter or Max Merritt likely has what you need. Sold all of the cars (22) in pairs, mostly 47's, 51's, 52's, 54's and 55's.

Posted on: 2018/2/11 19:50
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved