Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

prices on 55 Constellation
Home away from home
Home away from home

jreeder41
See User information
Is $6500 a bit much for a number 4 or 5 car?

Posted on: 2009/1/9 14:36
 Top  Print   

Re: prices on 55 Constellation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
absolutely, of course depending on year and model.
for a 30's v-12 I'll take all I can get at that price.

A #5 car is barely above a parts car. This car may or may not run.

A #4 car is a running car but may need restoration to be excellent. I.E. a restored car that just blew the engine. Or an older restored car that has seen road time.

most of the 55/56 packards in the #4 class with the exception of the carribean are in the $3000 to $6000 range.

J.M.H.O.

Posted on: 2009/1/9 16:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Now, I know all I have is a junior, but it'd kill you to know what I paid for mine...

Posted on: 2009/1/9 17:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jreeder41
See User information
Well let's just say half the engine compartment parts are gone, I'm sure it hasn't run in 25 or more years and it's sitting about half an inch above the ground. I know it is a packard but it isn't anything real special. This is the car. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't believe it is worth near that much.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?model=116

Posted on: 2009/1/10 10:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
..........inch above the ground. I know it is a packard but it isn't .....

Sounds like the person that owns it thinks all Packards are worth huge $$ based on some obscene price at auction for a rare car, which means that his gets a couple of zero's added.

A familiar line is "I'm gonna restore it someday but if you really want it, I'll let it go ----- but it's gonna cost you cause it's worth a lot of money fixed up and it won't take that much to fix it--." Of course as he says this, you take note of the missing glass, painted on bullseye with matching bullet holes, count the furry creatures scampering around the pieces of the car strewn about his yard--- and in my case, having not learned from the other ones, probably buy it anyway.

Posted on: 2009/1/10 10:55
 Top  Print   
Laugh (1)

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

39Pickle
See User information
6500 would be a good price for a fairly nice, running driver car. However, a car is worth what it's worth to you, keep looking! They're out there.

Posted on: 2009/1/10 11:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Sounds more like a $65.00 parts car.Its only saving grace is the fact that its a coup.Pass it up and keep looking.

Posted on: 2009/1/10 13:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jreeder41
See User information
That's what I figured on doing. I would have gladly paid up to about to $1000 for it, but not more than that. It would take at least $20,000 in parts not counting my labor. Heck if we were to give the guy an estimate to do it at our shop I'd tell $75,000 and up for an og restoration! I feel bad saying this but the owner is not a young man and I'm sure in the next 10 years it will be up for estate auction. He must have 50 or more cars sitting around.

Posted on: 2009/1/10 16:15
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved