Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 143

su8overdrive, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

ID data plate information
Just popping in
Just popping in

Leticia1
See User information
Hi I have recently purchased a 1936 120 b duel side mount coupe which will be arriving from California in about two weeks to new Zealand and the original owner passed away and his son could not find the data plate that his father had removed from the vehicle to clean up, so I have purchased a new data plate but need the information to go back on the data plate ie- who delivered, the city, and delivery date ? , the ID of the vehicle is 475647, can anyone please help me with this ?, thanks very much , Trevor

Posted on: 2018/9/21 14:59
 Top  Print   

Re: ID data plate information
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry to say, but without the original plate or knowledge of the information on it, there is no way to recover any of that information. I'd ask the original owner's son to search for the plate - without it you almost certainly will never be able to know the true vehicle number. I have no idea what 475647 is but it is not a vehicle number - where on the car do you observe that number?

Posted on: 2018/9/21 15:07
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Leticia1
See User information
Hi , thanks for the prompt reply, it is the automobile vehicle ID number ( 475647 ) that is on the state of California certificate of title, body type CP1208 ?, Trevor

Posted on: 2018/9/21 15:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yup, numbers assigned by California, certainly not Packard numbers; others who have been thru CA's DMV process may comment. But your true VN is apparently beyond recovery, tragic in the sense of loss of the car's link to its origins. Your body type number which would have been part of your VN would have been 3 digits beginning with a 9. That would have been followed by a production sequence number.

Posted on: 2018/9/21 15:31
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Leticia1
See User information
Thank you so much for your information and I can see this packard website will be very helpful for me , can I please ask you two questions ?, what would a typical 1936 packard ID number look like ?, and to your knowledge is a 1936 coupe rare as I was led to believe as it is a duel side mount coupe ?, thanks , Trevor

Posted on: 2018/9/21 15:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Trevor(Leticia1),
to PackardInfo, good to see a member from "across the ditch" on board.

I invite you to include your '36 120 Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.. It should be either a 995 XXX Sport Coupe(Rumble Seat) or 998 XXX Business Coupe(Trunk/Boot). If/when you find further info on the coupe(old rego papers, etc) you can always add further details to your Registry entry.

Posted on: 2018/9/21 15:49
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Four different types of coupes in the 1936 120 car lineup; the vehicle number would begin with one of these numbers, depending of which coupe. And the sidemounts were just factory options and not part of the body type.

998 - Business coupe for 2 passengers.
999 - Convertible coupe for 2/4 passengers
995 - Sport Coupe for 2/4 passengers
994 - Touring Coupe for 5 passengers.

So, if you had the first Business coupe made the VN would be 998-1001, the 100th Business coupe would have been 998-1101. And likewise for the other coupes.

The touring coupe would more commonly be called a coupe-sedan or coupe Victoria. As with the business coupe it would not have a rumble seat.

Posted on: 2018/9/21 15:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Hi Trevor (Leticia1), welcome to Packardinfo.com.
Please find below a pic. There is a number stamped onto the firewall of the car (follow the red arrow). Sometimes Dave (Owen_Dyneto) is able to read out something.

Dave (O_D), no rumble seat. This way to the car:

-> link 1

-> link 2

-> link 3

image source: eBay; item number 283081996053

Attach file:

jpg  (127.86 KB)
757_5ba55d6e909c8.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2018/9/21 16:06
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Leticia1
See User information
Thanks for that information, where did you get the photo of that car from that you have demonstrated the red arrow with as that looks like the car I have just brought ???

Posted on: 2018/9/21 16:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Looking at the advertisement its clear the seller didn't know what it was, calling it a Standard Eight (a model name last used in 1932) and a "sub model" 120. No such thing as a sub model. The next model up the line, a "senior" and entirely different car, was the Eight, then the Super Eight, and lastly the Twelve.

Posted on: 2018/9/21 16:16
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved