Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 183

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'53 Trunk handle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I'm looking for a restored or restorable '53 Senior trunk lid handle. I think that was the only year it was used. It sat rather low on the lid and included the lock mechanism. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted on: 2009/2/19 9:38
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Re: '53 Trunk handle
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
According to the parts book, various 53-54 models shared handles so that should widen your search a bit--although am curious why they say 2262 on second one--maybe a misprint??

Attach file:

jpg  (7.09 KB)
209_499d721c3d73f.jpg 560X69 px

Posted on: 2009/2/19 9:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Her is the one I need.

Attach file:

jpg  (48.70 KB)
564_499d7f83ef73f.jpg 600X452 px

Posted on: 2009/2/19 10:49
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I believe that the same handle, crest and lock cylinder cover was also used on the '55 Seniors cars.

That handle is not terribly hard to find, relatively speaking.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 10:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
BH, I didn't think so either, but I haven't seen any for a long time. The major parts houses don't seem to carry them and none have been on eBay either. HELP!

Posted on: 2009/2/19 11:13
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I believe the same part is used on some 1953, 54 and 55 models. Try Bob Stolzfus (bobspackard@aol.com), doubt he has NOS but if you're willing to settle for a used one you can always have it rechromed if needed. Bob's a true hobbyist, has and drives a few Packards himself, and is often less expensive. I've had many good dealings with him and I've seen the part you're looking for in his wares at the Macungie flea market last year.

Bob's not to speedy on email, you might look up his phone number in the PAC directory, he's in PA.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 11:32
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sandy Chico (Tucson Packard) had a couple of those with him at the PI Meet. The ones he has are rechromed and show ready, but be prepared to pay for that.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 12:32
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I suspect vendors are skimming swap meet tables for the best-looking used examples and rechroming them.

Remember, the early bird gets the worm.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 13:59
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved