Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 127

JD in KC, Don B, Packardbarry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard links section
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Is there already or could there be added a link section to regional club projects. I was browsing regional websites and found a few items available others have been looking for recently. If we had a category for them somewhere easily found might be a nice resource.

Posted on: 2009/3/14 22:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard links section
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard, there is a "Sticky" thread in the For-Sale category where a couple of the club project flyers are listed. See if that will do the job, if not let me know.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 11:48
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That format will do but is there a way to make it more prominent. I wouldn't normally think of looking in something labeled forums to find for sale items.

What about renaming/re organizing a couple of categories in the main menu. To my pea brain a couple there could be combined and a couple others renamed for more clarity.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 12:02
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'm open to suggestions!

Posted on: 2009/3/15 12:05
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm just one voice, but to my unorganized mindset, I'd rename Packard Articles to Packard Literature & Articles. I'd take Packard Dealers off main menu and make that a subset of the Directory and remove vendors from directory and put them on main menu as Packard Parts Vendors. Projects could be included there. Not sure Packard Directory is the clearest name either but can't think of a better at the moment. The Packard Service Index is good but maybe in the Articles or Literature section as a sticky item with prominent color type in Service Bulletins. Anyway, with X number of members you will have X ideas so these are a few of mine.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 12:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I agree with the renaming of Packard Articles to Packard Literature. More than one visitor to the site has mentioned that they thought the category was for things like magazine articles and didn't realize the wealth of technical documentation that was available.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 12:31
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Generally I cant mix content types. So each of the Main Menu areas is driven by specific back-end software that creates the those specific formatted pages dynamically from the database. Just like the forum software does. So I can't have a page that is partial Forum, with Dealer listing mixed in for example.

They generally have to be one "type" of content of another. So Forum type, Articles type, Directory type, X-ref type, etc.

But I do agree some renaming is required. That is why I renamed the "Packard Pictures" to Packard Photo Archive. I also renamed Packardbaker's forum to "Studebaker built Packards", as I always thought that Packardbakers was derogatory term for 57-58s.

I did want to have a "Market Place" area where vendors and clubs could leave information about their wares.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 14:38
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kev, thanks for making the naming change you did. The market place sounds the perfect idea, which to my mind would replace the dealers on main menu. Right now, I think people would more likely click on dealers hoping to find a vendor than a long defunct dealership.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 15:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved