Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
185 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 182

Don B, Jimmyk, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 Caribbean convertible top
Just popping in
Just popping in

David
See User information
Hello All
Does anyone know of a source for a convertible top for my '56 Caribbean that would have the correct liner colour?

Posted on: 2009/4/8 16:32
 Top  Print   

Re: 1956 Caribbean convertible top
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
David wrote:.......my '56 Caribbean.......

G'day David,
to PackardInfo and for including your Caribbean in the Owner Registry.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 17:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kepich has advertised them for many years. I think it's kind of a "make do" solution, none of the major top makers have the colored liner though they do have the correct leather grain. As far as Kepich goes, I suggest you proceed with caution and evaluate the product carefully before buying, lots of past customers with bad feelings.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 18:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
I have not talked with anyone who has purchased a Caribbean convertible top that did not have significant fit issues. Especially in the area between the rear side window and rear window. Art's Trim shop near Indianapolis has made several tops and the installation is great. But how many of us can get our car to Indy just to have the top installed? I would suggest you find a very good local shop that manufactures their own convertible tops, boat interiors and covers and to then order a top from Kepich or Art's or another business knowing that the local shop will likely have to disassemble and remake the top to fit the car. Have the local shop also do the installation so you get a good looking fit. Sorry to be so negative, but you know the difference between an optimist and a pessimist...a pessimist is an optimist with experience. I'd budget about $2000-$2500 US for this project (material and labor).
Good luck.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 22:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There were no fit problems that I'm aware of with my top supplied by E-Z down in GA, though perhaps if there were some shortcomings, the skill of my installer just overcame them. Of course it wasn't colorized on the interior to match the original.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 22:14
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

David
See User information
Thanks Folks
I appreciate the feedback. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Posted on: 2009/4/9 14:19
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved