Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1955 Caribbean Convertible BOOT - wanted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Whoa!!! Having a bad day Leeedy?

Posted on: 2022/12/1 14:58
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
We bought the car that way. The restorer installed it that way and there are 2 snaps on the back of the rear seat.

Posted on: 2022/12/1 16:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Steve wrote:
Whoa!!! Having a bad day Leeedy?

Whoa yourself. Are you having a bad day? What is with this? What planet are we on?

I said absolutely nothing out of line here. I gave you factual information. And you certainly have said nothing here to illuminate things or point out what is –and what is not accurate? Where is your information? This is, after all, Packard Information...right? No? Or is it Packard Gossip & Guess?

I have to walk on eggs and say nothing because you might be somehow offended and want to ride a horse?

If you don't like accurate information being posted and would rather not know what is accurate, hey. Revel in your corner. But I'm definitely not riding a horse and was not having a bad day– not even after your barb.

If you have something interesting to say related or factual about this issue then why not say that rather than snark? Where is your constructive and factual input on the matter?

I won't be saying any mea culpas for you. Sorry if you don't want to learn anything.

However... no matter who says what or did what... 1955 Packard Caribbean top boots did not snap on top of the rear seat backrest. They had a stiffened flap that tucked in behind it.

Just because some trim shop or restorer didn't know any better and decided to customize and go a different way does not change the way Packard made these cars when new.

If it is wrong to point this out... then it is time to change the name of the site and the reason for us being here.

Posted on: 2022/12/2 21:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I saw nothing wrong with Leeedy pointing out what was incorrect with the boot on my car and did not mind the way it was pointed out. I'm sure that everyone agrees we want to see Packards restored correctly. Sure there may be times when that is not possible, but in the case of my car's boot whoever did the snaps could have just as easily used the flap.

Posted on: 2022/12/3 10:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved