Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
93 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 91

r1lark, Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Tune up bits for '31 826
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Fred
See User information
Where can I get tuneup parts for my 1931 826? Looking for wires, plugs, condenser, dual points.

Posted on: 2023/3/10 17:08
 Top  Print 

Re: Tune up bits for '31 826
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

GaryinSC
See User information
Max Merritt should have all the items you need for that distributor rebuild. Also Kanter or Hirsch. Going to single points I believe is also available with Max.

Posted on: 2023/3/11 18:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Do yourself a favor and get the Chrysler single-point distributor conversion kit - life is a whole lot easier with it and you can then get needed parts from the corner auto parts store. Pretty sure Merritt sells those and they're worth every nickel. Bought the plugs for my '29 off Amazon cheaper than anywhere else.

As for Kanter, I've had my '29 for two years now, I can't ever get them to even return a phone call. Good luck!

Posted on: 2023/3/29 8:34
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

1929ClubSedan
See User information
I converted my 1929 to single points and it works fine and so simple, has the same base plate pattern and fits straight in. Just be aware that you may need to move the pig tail on the condensor if your car is likely positive earth. I bought mine here. As a suggestion get a hotter coil idealy a Bosch (the 6 volt Porsche coil is a killer.
https://www.packardparts.org/products/ignition-and-tune-up-kits/

Posted on: 2023/3/30 15:47
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Fred
See User information
Thanks guys, bought point conversion kit. Turns out it is made less than 100 miles from where I live. Will put it in this weekend. Now I have a coolant leak somewhere.

Posted on: 2023/5/12 22:57
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved