Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 front shock rebuilding?
Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Any recommendations on companies? I see Apple Hydraulics ads occasionally...
One of the shocks is still working the other is bleeding to death with no resistance whatsoever.

Posted on: 2023/5/7 22:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 front shock rebuilding?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I haven't had any done since the '70s so not sure who is still around but I have used Apple Hydraulics for other things and found their work to be excellent if not a bit pricey.

I also have several cores available that could be sent in in lieu of taking your car apart without the parts to put it back together and I also have one rebuilt or NOS shock. The cores are here at my Oregon shop where I am now for one more full day while the other is at home in California.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 0:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
After having a bad experience using Apple, I sent my shocks to Five Points Classic Auto Shocks.
714-979-0451

Posted on: 2023/5/8 15:18
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Thanks, guys. My cores should be rebuildable; one has a leak but both actually have some resistance in them.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 22:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hi all,
I have to agree with West Peterson: I recently sent Apple a shock for rebuilding. I received an invoice, which I paid before they returned the shock. When I received the shock, they had not opened it (the Houdaille shock on the 1929 Packard required that the weld on the back of the shock be cut in order to access the internals). I don't have a recommendation for another rebuilder.

Posted on: 2023/5/11 10:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Recently, I had two shocks rebuilt by Apple. Their work was good and done in a timely manner. Not inexpensive, but worth it. I recommend them based on my experience.

Posted on: 2023/5/11 13:04
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved