Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 220

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 Mayfair window regulator studs
Just popping in
Just popping in

Bryan H
See User information
Hey there Pacakrd gurus. I am looking for window regulator studs for my 53 mayfair with roll up windows. They are 1" in length.I am also having a real hard time locating the correct antenna switch for the 53 as well. All antenna switch found so far the plunger is to big for our knob.Any wisdom regarding either would be greatly appreciated as My project is dead in the water without the window regulator studs. Interior ready to go in and get her on the road after 5 years. Thanks guys,
Bryan Hall
916-297-2297

Attach file:

jpg  download (6).jpg (112.13 KB)
226397_64f76d667d200.jpg 1440X1920 px

jpg  download (8).jpg (253.55 KB)
226397_64f76d7b0228f.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2023/9/5 13:03
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 Mayfair window regulator studs
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You need the 51-4 antenna switch as those knobs are all held on using a setscrew on the thinner shaft. The switch with the larger shaft is 55-6 where there is a spring like retaining clip attached to the knob that fits in a groove on the shaft.

On the window studs, are you referring to the items at the end of the regulator arms which go thru slots in the bar at the bottom of the window and have washers shich are held by a hairpin clip arrangement? If so, I believe those are part 376038. Possibly Kanter or Max Merritt or even Tucson Packard will have them as individual pieces but if not then I suspect you will need to get a used regulator from someone with a parts car or see if you can make something that will work.

If you try making something perhaps an elevator bolt with the thin flat head could be used without interference when the arms cross. A flat push on speednut on the other side of the bar opposite the head would keep it in the hole. You could make a groove for the original hairpin clip or just use a nut along with the metal and leather washers to hold the assembly to the window lift bar.

If you are looking for the studs that go on the other end of the regulator arm to the door panel, that is a different piece with built in spring washers and if not found at a vendor, again the same suggestions on making your own but with the orientation changed as needed for the fixed channel on the panel. Something like a Belleville spring washer could probably duplicate the curve on the original piece.

Attach file:

jpg  studs.jpg (101.88 KB)
209_64f779696dfde.jpg 2204X610 px

Posted on: 2023/9/5 13:54
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 Mayfair window regulator studs
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Bryan H,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '53 Mayfair in PackardInfo's Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2023/9/5 17:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved