Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
192 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 191

j41157, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 Engine Decals
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Kiff Rule
See User information
Hello All - could someone point me to a reference for correct placement of engine decals for the 56 packard (Caribbean -- if it matters for the sake of the air cleaners having decals)?

Posted on: 2023/9/21 20:04
1956 Packard Caribbean Hard Top
1962 Imperial Crown Convertible
 Top  Print   

Re: 1956 Engine Decals
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Some reference photos:

Here is a 56 400 restored

Click to see original Image in a new window

Here is a 56 Caribbean restored (but I think they forgot the stickers)

After they removed the PS dipsticks (I think after 55MY) there was this sticker

Oil filter sticker off a 55 400

Others here will be able to say exactly which of the above are correct for your car.

Posted on: 2023/9/21 20:18
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Too bad on the restored 56 400 the WS washer is not where Packard placed it when PB relays were mounted in the original spot on left inner fender. Granted it is easier to get to where it is but correctly, it would be to the right of the heater box and mounted on the cowl a little lower down inside the space under the fender. Placed where it is could mislead someone wanting to do their car correctly.

Since washers were an item that could have been dealer installed, that location might have been chosen by a hurried mechanic or owner preference. Bracket mounting screws were definitely easier to install on the inner fender vs in the hard to reach spot where Packard placed the washer.

Here is another photo of a 400 from an ebay listing. This is purported to be of a 5000 original mile car. Note the washer next to the hood hinge.

Attach file:

jpg  Picture 24.jpg (87.42 KB)
209_650cf03e7f5e4.jpg 1085X806 px

Posted on: 2023/9/21 20:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I have found that the decals can be created in "Illustrator" or other computer software packages. I have done all my own for my '67 Mustang as well as my Packard. If not available to you, a print or graphic house can do the layout for you with supplied artwork. Then I purchase Avery label sheets 06503, this is a full letter size sheet so I can place as many as fit on the sheet, print them out and trim them after. They are not as durable as the factory, but peel off and are easily replaced if soiled/damaged. Usually last for a number of seasons between refreshing.
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/9/22 8:08
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
The Packard club also repros a number of them, including for the air filter, oil filter, and PS

https://www.packardclub.org/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5&sort=20a&page=2

Posted on: 2023/9/22 11:32
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Kiff Rule
See User information
appreciate your help very much.

Posted on: 2023/10/1 16:38
1956 Packard Caribbean Hard Top
1962 Imperial Crown Convertible
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved