Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
246 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 245

John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fuel pump rebuild
Just popping in
Just popping in

lawyertorts2
See User information
I have both a '49 8 deluxe and '50 8 standard. Are the fuel pumps interchangeable? The fuel pump from the '49 has KEM508AJ stamped on the mounting flange. Does anyone know the fuel pump type for this as I need a fuel pump rebuild kit and kantor does not sell them anymore. many thanks!

Posted on: 2023/9/22 15:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuel pump rebuild
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 49 deluxe uses the 2211 chassis and the 50 standard uses the 2301 chassis. According to the parts book they use the same pump. If the original pumps are still on the car they should be the same. I believe all 288/327 block pumps will physically interchange with differences being port style and location or maybe delivery specs for different carbs. No telling what might have been installed over 70 years if a pump was needed.

If Kanter, Max Merritt or Tucson Packard cannot help with a kit you might try Then and Now Automotive. If you have the flange number try their search box for the proper kit but if not, give them a call or email.

Here is info from parts book showing Packard part # and specs for the pump from an issue of a Service Counselor. The six used in 22nd series taxis and the eight specs are the same. The standard and deluxe eight column is noted is the red box.

Attach file:

jpg  fuel pump.jpg (15.98 KB)
209_650e03dd3a83e.jpg 1916X110 px

jpg  specs.jpg (33.08 KB)
209_650e03ea3b945.jpg 1286X384 px

Posted on: 2023/9/22 16:17
Howard
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day lawyertorts2,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '49 Deluxe Eight and '50 Standard Eight in PackardInfo's Packard Vehicle Registry

Posted on: 2023/9/22 18:28
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

lawyertorts2
See User information
thank you, I will!

Posted on: 2023/9/22 19:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The 1949 and 1950 fuel pumps are the same, AC Type AJ as noted by HH56.
The KEM508AJ number is a rebuilders reference number for the original AC pump which would have had the number 3867 stamped on one side of the mounting flange, abbreviated from 1523867.
A rebuild kit for the 3867 pump should work for the pump with the KEM508AJ number.

Posted on: 2023/9/22 22:15
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved