Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: New Forum Feature
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
FYI, if that above button or the drag and drop isn't working for you. Then you need to do a "forced refresh" of the webpage, which should delete all cached resources. Your browser may be caching a previous copy of a Javascript file that is used to make all this work. Since I made changes today, yesterday's copy won't work.

The easiest way to check this is to open the website in an Incognito Browser Window. That doesn't use any cached resources.

On my Chrome Browser (Mac), holding the SHIFT key down while clicking the refresh button does a FORCED REFRESH.

For Chome on my Android Phone, I have to click on the 3 Dot menu, then Settings, then Privacy and Security, Clear Browsing Data and then only have the Cached Images and Files checked. Then click clear data. Then refresh the page as normal. Why they don't have an easy "Hard Refresh" option, I have no idea.

Posted on: 2023/11/28 9:58
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
One nice unintended side benefit to folks adding pictures via the insert/drag and drop is that if someone "quotes" their post, any pictures in the quoted block of text will also appear in your reply.

This is great when trying to reference something in the picture without having to go through the effort of downloading and re-uploading the picture, which also then takes up double the storage space here on the server.

Posted on: 2023/11/28 10:26
-BigKev

Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Still the best brand site out there, BK.
Model for others. Organized and up to date. Lots of info, but some don't look, they expect internet others to do the lifting. No arbitrary internet monitors to worry about. Been there done that. Maybe something for thought, how to make searching auto when a request comes up, but probably outside the scope. AI maybe.

Posted on: 2023/11/28 10:34
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks! Not sure what "make searching auto" refers to exactly?

Posted on: 2023/11/28 11:44
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I was wondering that too but maybe it was reference to some sort of auto-linking. I created something like that for one of my sites that creates links around words and phrases of certain things found elsewhere. It works well for my site but might be a bit tricky here.

Posted on: 2023/11/28 11:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Picture drag&drop test

My pup one year after adoption waiting for a piece of puppy cake :)

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2023/11/29 7:03
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'm testing out another new feature I've added. At the button of the screen, there should now be a "Show/Hide Columns" option. If you click that it will toggle the Left and Right side panels on or off and set a cookie to store your preference.

This gives you more "reading" room, especially on a mobile device. But it also hides all the side navigation menus.

So it may be good to use when reading through the forums, and then toggle it back on to go to somewhere else.

I'm just playing with this right now. So I'll make the button look nicer later on.

If this button doesn't work for you, then you may need to do the forced refresh I spoke about yesterday since this was added today.

Posted on: 2023/11/29 15:38
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The new button is a nice addition. Thanks.

Posted on: 2023/11/29 18:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
While we are on this topic, I have 3 more suggestions:

- Pasteable inline images.

- Support for .png inline images.

- In the Parts List, being able to filter in the Application column. For example, being able to search "22" and all entries that do not include that term are excluded. This would greatly simplify part searching when there's lot of parts in the group.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Thanks for all the improvements so far!

Posted on: 2023/11/29 18:14
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I can look at some of these. I hate png files as they are huge typically and take up a lot of space. It's because they use non-lossy compression so can't be squeezed down like JPEG files can. They are fine for smaller images that are indexed colors. But for full color images they are pigs and use like 10x the space of a JPEG even at high quality.

Posted on: 2023/11/29 18:19
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved