Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 161

pmhowe, Jack Vines, todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55-56 Windshield Interchangeability
Just popping in
Just popping in

Ram
See User information
Hello, as some of you have seen my cars for sale posts I have a 55 Caribbean Convert, a 55 Patrician 4 door and a 56 Four Hundred. I have located a windshield among extra parts but do not know which car the now deceased owner purchased it for. Are they interchangeable or have markings for me to see to identify? Thanks in advance for any help

Posted on: 3/10 8:48
 Top  Print   

Re: 55-56 Windshield Interchangeability
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Simply post a picture of it. Also, measure the height of the glass in the center of the car.

Posted on: 3/10 9:20
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Generally Hardtops (400, HT Carribean, etc) and Convertibles use the same windshield, and all others use the Sedan windshield, which is the taller of the two.

Posted on: 3/10 9:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
It could also be back glass of which I think there were 4 different styles for V8 cars

Posted on: 3/10 10:09
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
From what Randy had told me the 55 56 Caribbean used a different windshield than other models . Parts book lists different number for 5588 ,5699 models clear heat absorbent and blue heat absorbent. other models are all different numbers. They are hard to locate

Posted on: 3/10 10:47
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I have two windshields for 1956 and was told that they were the same for all models. Not true in 1951-1954 but I am not sure for 1955-1956.

Posted on: 3/10 10:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
I have two windshields for 1956 and was told that they were the same for all models. Not true in 1951-1954 but I am not sure for 1955-1956.

Oooooo! Sorry... but this is just not true. I have owned several Caribbeans over the years and a gaggle of other Packards.

1955 and 1956 Caribbean [i]convertible
windshields are shorter/different from other Packards of the same time period. This ought to be common knowledge after all these years. So I am surprised to see that people don't know this fact.

I supplied the windshield for the restoration of 1956 Caribbean 5699-1001. I can assure you the convertible windshield is indeed different...AND furthermore, the hardtop and convertible do NOT share the same windshield– no matter how many rumors may claim so. Nor is there a different size for the sedan.

The only differences for the non-convertible 1955-1956 Packards are the tint or no tint and shading.

Let's please, please correct this notion.

[/i]

Posted on: 3/10 13:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved