Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 127

TJL, DMS_WG, kevinpackard, flackmaster, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring For Fog Lights And Spotlight, 1955 Packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

Vanya1953
See User information
Good morning fellow Packard Owners!
I've been reviewing the wiring diagram for 1955. I don't see any information on there on how to wire up fog lights and a spotlight from the diagram. Has anyone done it and could provide some tips? I do know that when using the fog lights the tail lights should also be operational.
Any help appreciated!
Regards,
Shawn

Posted on: Today 10:16
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring For Fog Lights And Spotlight, 1955 Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know which spotlight you have but if it is a factory or repro of the stock V8 deluxe outside light, those went thru the dash, cowl, and fender so needed three holes drilled in a straight line and is a fairly involved install. There was a template in the kits so perhaps someone has and could post that. If the template is not available then it is a matter of luck and use of a long drill bit in getting things in alignment so the brackets fit the fender and dash contours. On most accessory items the wiring diagrams were furnished with the kits rather than being included in main diagrams. For the spotlight, wiring would be similar if not identical to the door post type spotlight mentioned next.

For the more conventional door type spotlights that were used earlier and went thru the front door area, there is a bit on installing those in the 51-4 service manual, accessory section. If the curvature and space needs of the windshield in V8s allows that type install then the details should be almost the same as given in the 51-4 version. Wiring is fairly simple with power coming directly off a breaker and available all the time.

For the fog lights, you will be most likely be using some type of under dash edge switch since there is not really a good place to add something in the dash if it has the full complement of accessories. I do not know what Packard offered for V8s but most earlier years did have an under dash edge mounted switch which inter connected with the headlight switch in order to get power from the headlight breaker and also feed back to the tail light wiring to energize them when fog lights are on. Again, the wiring instructions would be part of the kit.

Here is a photo of the V8 deluxe outside spotlight and a wiring diagram from a 22-23 series foglight install that might be helpful. Terminals and connetions shown on the 22-3 foglight and headlight switches would be very similar to those on a V8 except the fog switch location would not be in the dash.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 11:16
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring For Fog Lights And Spotlight, 1955 Packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

Vanya1953
See User information
Thank you Howard! I will definitely look these over.

Posted on: Today 11:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved