Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Inner door seal
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

LSX_Packard
See User information
Does anyone know where I can get this door seal for my 51 200?
Stuck carpet in and realized water is getting in from that point when it rains
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 16:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Inner door seal
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Steele Rubber.

Generic weatherstripping MIGHT work for cheaper, but you need to adhere it properly. Not peel and stick.

Posted on: Today 16:53
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is a long molded piece so if you want original looks and fit Steele Rubber is probably the option and also probably the most expensive. At one time Kanter also had door rubber made by a different suppleir but with the new ownership and all the changes there I don't know if they still have anything to offer. Wouldn't hurt to give them a call though.

As HPH said, ordinary generic and inexpensive door edge weather strip such as is used on the edges of the door itself might work but the two different shapes are engineered to sort of overlap and work together to guide water down and away from the interior. Whether you could get a decent tight and long lasting fix is unknown if you use the generic edge type weatherwtrip..

Posted on: Today 17:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Rubber the Right Way also has the seals, though it looks like it comes in a kit with the rest of the door weatherstrip. A call to them will probably allow you to just order the front piece. Cost is a little less than Steele.

-Kevin

Posted on: Today 17:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved