Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 130

Jeff Williams, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Benoy Packard Dealer Auction
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e4g4esLukcc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e4g4esLukcc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Barn Find Packards to be auctioned 8-8-09 in Kenosha, Wisc. Amazing survivors and their story.

This Dealer sold Packards until he switch to a Chrylser Dealer after Packards demise. As his customers would trade the Packards back in to him on new Chryslers, he would keep the Packards. He has a nice collection of original cars. The gentlemen is still alive (90+) and can be seen in the video.

Car mileages range from 20,000 to 70,000 untouched originals.

605-201-8005. Aug. 8th 2009 in Kenosha Wis.

Posted on: 2009/7/12 17:20
 Top  Print   

Re: Benoy Packard Dealer Auction
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Oooh, I want to go to that one. They have Pa-Tree-Shins.

Posted on: 2009/7/12 22:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Forsyth
See User information
Boy, I haven't heard that accent in a long time.....

Posted on: 2009/7/13 3:34
Carpe Diem!! Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
If you were to buy one of these Packards, wouldn't you technically be the 2nd owner?

Posted on: 2009/7/13 13:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well it depends all on how you look at it and all in how you study it. Since the Dealer took them back in on trade and salted them away IMHO he ceased being a dealer and became a collector, making him the 2nd owner. The next buyer would then be the rd owner, if you looked at that way. If you don't then yes I guess the next buyer would be the 2nd owner. That's my opinion, that and a $1.50 buys you a cup of coffee.

Posted on: 2009/7/14 9:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Actually, I'd think it would depend on whether Mr. Benoy took title to them at the time they were traded in. If he did, you'd be 3rd; if he didn't and the title transfers from the original owner to you, you'd be 2nd.

The second case happens frequently; you buy a car, the seller signs the title (in a title state), but you as the buyer don't transfer the title to yourself. When you sell the car, the new owner transfers the title from the first owner to you. Standard procedure here in NJ when you're going to flip a car, saves the double-payment of sales tax among other things.

Posted on: 2009/7/14 11:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
WoW! What a row of 55-56 Packards.

Would this be a 'Dealer Find' as opposed to a 'barn find'?

Anybody goin'?

DanL

Posted on: 2009/7/14 16:32
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The Packard's being sold at the auction and purchased by anyone, these persons would have to be considered third owners.

Just because Bency kept the Packard's that were traded back didn't mean that he stopped being a dealer. It seems that it was stated that after Packard went out of business he sold Chrysler's.

My late close friend Brad Berry who owned a Packard dealership purchased back a few Packard's that he had sold.
Two of the Packard's he repurchased for himself are ones that he had sold over the years to a local funeral home.
The two Packard's Brad repurchased were a 1948 Station Sedan and a 53 Patrician.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/7/14 20:02
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
The second case happens frequently; you buy a car, the seller signs the title (in a title state), but you as the buyer don't transfer the title to yourself. When you sell the car, the new owner transfers the title from the first owner to you. Standard procedure here in NJ when you're going to flip a car, saves the double-payment of sales tax among other things.

And all I can add (in Calif anyway) is just cross everything that crosses & bow to the DMV gods that whomever signed that title the second possessor never transferred did it properly, legibly & on the correct line. If not, hope that he (the original owner) hasn't passed on or is otherwise unreachable.

DMV can & will make you jump thru some large hurdles to straighten things out. It can take months, require posting bonds, registered letters to the last owners known address and several other things before they are willing to work with you. The hassles with my first Calif Packard almost made it the last.

Posted on: 2009/7/14 20:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
HH56: Your experience is kind of like the kid touching the hot stove. Having done it once he will not want to do it again very soon.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/7/14 21:03
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved