Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: New Pictures of my Patrician
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Charles Neuhaus
See User information
Maybe I'm missing something with all the talk about needing to go to 12v to air condition your beautiful 55 Patrician. 55 Packards were 12v, though they were positive ground. Aftermarket AC units usually call for 12v negative ground, but changing from positive to negative ground is relatively simple.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 10:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Please enlighten me - I've looked in the Photo Archives but cannot locate your 55 Patrician pictures. How do I search for them?

Thanks,

Bernardi

Posted on: 2009/8/3 23:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
Bernadi If you check the 55 box in the photo archive they should be in there So many other great looking cars you sometimes forget what you are looking for.

Posted on: 2009/8/8 17:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
bernardi -

It's a visual look-up, but the Owner Registry page should list the entries sorted by Year, Series, and then Model Number.

Alas, it seems that some people have overlooked entry of the Model Number or simply don't know it. Yet, I foudn a few that have the chassis number entered instead of the Model Number. This puts them out of order, but as long as they get the year right, you should be able to find them

Look for Morgan's Patrician listed as a "5580".

There's some cleaning up to do in the Registry, but I personally couldn't ID anything with 100% certainty outside of 1955-1958 models.

I guess the question is how best to prevent such errors in the future. I wonder if the entry process could be made context-sensitive, such that once you enter a year, an appropriate drop-down list is provided to help complete the Series and Model Name and Model Number fields. That could be a lot of work for BigKev, though.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 9:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
BH Wwhen you post a photo I see the title, category for me (55) and description where do you enter the model # wanta be a good poster

Posted on: 2009/8/9 13:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I think there is a little confusion going on. BH is referencing the Owner Registry and you are referring to the Photo Archive. Apples and Oranges.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 23:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved