Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Yocum Estate Literature
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
When back up to Dan's House to recover another box of Literature that was uncovered. Probably the best box of the lot. Full of vintage Packard ads going back to the very beginning of Packardom. Also lots of ads, and brochure materials for Henney professional cars. Some of the pieces are oversized, so I need to scan them at work. So stay tuned as I try to get through scanning all the content.

I also helped the family organize some of the parts, and bought a few things to use on my '54. I bought a complete 55/(56?) power antenna (still in the box) that I intend to use on my '54 since it's 12v and the manual antennae that came on my '54 has a broken shaft. I also bought a set of reverse lights for '54 that were still in the box, and a mint perfect day/night rear view mirror. So couple of Packard optional accessories will get added to the Clipper. Just need to find the mounting template for the reverse lights mounting. Now that I got home I should have looked for a '54 Antenna switch, bezel, and knob while I was out there. Looks like I will be making at least one more trip. (160 miles round trip)

I did uncover a few 56 Caribbean trim parts, and some '41 window moldings. Also some v12 hubcaps. I think some of that stuff may end on eBay. I never realized how much Dan had until be started looking into the depths of his storage sheds.

Posted on: 2009/9/20 22:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Yocum Estate Literature
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I just ordered a 11 x 17 compatible scanner to be able to handle some of the larger pieces that I come across. So that should be here in a couple of days and I will be able to scan them here at home without having the schlep everything to work. Hopefully that should speed up the process.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2009/9/21 0:31
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
Kev,
On your next visit would you see if there is another pwr ant for 55/56 in working condition?
Bill

Posted on: 2009/9/21 11:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Kev,

Did you happen to come across a copy of The Production Packard by Darvin Kuehl? I've been looking for a copy to purchase for quite awhile.

Thanks

Posted on: 2009/9/21 12:31
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Bill,

I will see if I can locate another one out there. I know there is power antenna on one of the 55 parts cars, put I am not sure the condition of it. Also if this one I picked up wont mount correctly on my '54, then I will probably end up selling it.

Pack120C,

He had many Packard books on a book shelf in the living room, but I didnt not look at all of them, so I dont know if he has that one or not. It may be better for you to mail the family contact and ask. PM me and I will give you the email address for Paul. I only glanced through the book quickly trying to see if he had the Red Packard (Crestline) book with the silver goddess of speed emblem on it. He didnt.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2009/9/21 12:45
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Thanks Kev. No problem. I will email Paul (you sent me his email address previously).

Posted on: 2009/9/21 13:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
If that power antenna is for a '55 then it's positive ground...so you may find that you need to reverse the connections for it to operate correctly.

Posted on: 2009/9/21 15:56
Who has my future '56 Patrician? Please let me know!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kevin, Amazon has the Crestline Packard book available,used, for many prices. I just bought one in like new condition, but it was pricy at $75.

Posted on: 2009/9/21 16:25
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Now that I thunk of it, I wouldn't mind a copy of Nat Dawe's Postwar Packards if there's one available at a good price.

Posted on: 2009/9/21 17:03
Who has my future '56 Patrician? Please let me know!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Kev

I would be i terested in that A/C manual that you showed on another thread.

Al K

Posted on: 2009/9/21 19:18
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved