Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 223

William Grosz, Ross, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Just saying hello.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BRIAN THOMAS
See User information
Hello all, I thought I would itroduce myself.

Live in Salt Lake City, Ut. Have been experimenting with Packards for sevral years. I have been collecting parts here and there for some time. I will say I am only 32 but a real big fan and kinda a self made official on the "hop up" of post war inlines. Some of you wont like the car I have but please keep negitive opinions to your self. Unless I ask, trust me I wont.. Looking forward to being a long time member. Brian.

Attach file:

jpg  (163.19 KB)
1664_4abc64f99b05c.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/9/25 1:34
 Top  Print   

Re: Just saying hello.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Brian,
to PackardInfo, all tastes catered to here, why we even have a Modification discussion forum! That said, there'll be some not happy with your 'Rod' but I'm not in that category. I think I've posted at least 2 of your YouTube videos here before but for those who haven't seen them or for those that have here's a refresh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hwo-9shxo0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opJilgQDZyo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HirKCzrd_ic&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzJ5L-DXZpQ

EDIT - By twice clicking on your pic it blew it right up and provided a better look at the detail, example - the catch can.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 3:21
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Hi Brian, Welcome to the site. Could you please post more photos of the modifications that you made to the engine of your car and also how it performs. Please include more photos as I am sure that I am not the only one interested.
BTW I'm 65.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 8:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Douglas
See User information
agreed, tell us what you've done to that bad boy -- i've seen a your videos on youtube for a while now VERY cool --- Eric is a guy on here that might be going in your general direction and will be a great one to talk to, really knows his stuff --- by the way i'm 33 and he is as well i think so we're out here ---
great looking car man

Posted on: 2009/9/25 9:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hi Brian! I live up in Ogden, so I hope to get the opportunity to see your rod sometime. I'm interested in what you've done with the engine. Looks cool! I'm 42 myself, so I'm just a LITTLE bit older, but definately not in the "fogey" class. Too many think you've got to be in your twilight years to appreciate vintage vehicles. Hope to talk to you soon,

Scott

Posted on: 2009/9/25 9:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Brian,

I have heard so much about hot rodding a Packard straight 8 but yours is the only running living example I have seen. I love the supercharger and admire your attention to detail. It is great to see interest and promotion of the Packard name, especially on the salt flats! Please post more details in the modified forum as many of us would love to see and hear more.

Regards,
Jim

P.S. Don't worry to much about people not liking your car. While we have the occasional 6v vs. 12v philosophical lectures, and other points of originality (which I also like coincidently) promoted on here, at the end of the day we all love products of the Packard Motorcar Company!

Posted on: 2009/9/25 10:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Brian, I'm as orthodox as they come whan you are talking Packard, and I like your project. It might be cool to see a Packard Radiator on it.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 10:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Yes Brian please show us more pics and info on how you put this together. While tastes may differ on original versus modified, I think we all appreciate creativity and good engineering/design.

I have seen your youtube videos before and thought they were great.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 12:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Hi Brian,

Cool car! How fast have you gone in it? Have you gotten it dyno'ed to find out the HP? While I am techically a purist, I like your ride and bet you get a lot of puzzled looks when they see Packard on the motor. I'm 33 if it matters.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 17:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
I have to say this is the kind of rod I like. I wish I could see it in person. Yes please send more pictures. Love the turbo charger on the packard engine. What vintage is the turbo?

I agree, A Packard radiator shell would be neat.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 23:10
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved