Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 203

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Twin Traction
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
That is the same "T" tag that is on my 400. To make sure, leave the car in neutral, jack up the rear at the differential so that both rear wheels are off the ground. Turn one rear wheel forward. If the other wheel goes forward also, you have twin traction. If the other wheel goes in the opposite direction you have a standard rear end.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 1:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Warren.
Like to add my to PackardInfo and for including your '56 Four Hundred Hardtop Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry. And if you can include the '56 Clipper Sedan there, that would be great.

To go off on another tangent, are you a member of PACA, the Packard Automobile Club of Australia? Speaking of which the PACA 2010 National Rally is going to Kangaroo Island at the end of September 2010, it would be good to see you and one of your Packards there.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 2:59
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2009/12/17 2:18
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Great pics, Warren. Thanks for getting "Downunder" your Clipper and taking them.

I think that TT is a very desirable option, not only valuable for collector reasons on the Packard, but a real asset to driveability in any rear wheel drive car. Every rear-driver I've owned in the past 25 years has had a limited slip differential, and they all have been much better cars (and a truck) for it. Four vehicles in all. In winter, on gravel, offroad, or just for fun to lay two nice equal strips of rubber, it's hard to beat a "posi", "traction-lok" or whatever they're calling them now (with all the computerized crap)--I've had Ford, Chevy and Dodge versions, but I sure would like the "original" Twin Traction on a Packard. Hope yours works well for you. Enjoy!

Posted on: 2009/12/20 0:25
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Warren Jones
See User information
Apologies fopr the tardy response... have been away. Yes, I am a member of PACA. Have been so for over 20 years now. Probably not as active as I should be, however know many of the guys down here in Victora. I have now confirmed that I do have the Twin Traction option. Have done so by jacking the car up and rotating the wheels as suggested but have also contacted the guy who originally imported the car into Australia. He had all of the original production line paperwork and options list that came with the car and confirms that the car did have this option. He also confirnmed that he lost the paperwork when moving house once... sad, as I would kill to have that original paperwork...

Posted on: 2010/1/19 2:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Packard Downunder wrote:....Yes, I am a member of PACA. Have been so for over 20 years now. Probably not as active as I should be, however know many of the guys down here in Victora......
Warren,

Thanks for that, hope to catch up with you on a Packard run sometime in the future!

Posted on: 2010/1/19 16:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved