Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
193 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 190

Packard Don, JohnCB, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: GOING TO SEE A 400! HELP!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Good advice. When I do remove the plugs, I always replace them with brass.

Posted on: 2009/12/9 14:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:
by BH on 2009/12/9 7:02:35

Guy -

I went into just a little detail on halon extinguishers because someone else previously gave you good advice in this thread, but you had glossed over/twisted it in your reply. I didn't want someone else getting the idea that dry-chem was a better choice than halon or CO2. If you ever saw a halon extinguisher properly demonstrated, you would never want to use anything else.

While I might not win that lawsuit, just the threat of a suit is sufficient to deter most. Yet, let me put it another way. If anyone came to look at one of my cars for sale with a dry-chem extinguisher in hand, I wouldn't let them within sight of that car. (No, none of my Packards are for sale.)

Admittedly, I do have one dry-chem extinguisher hanging in the house, but using it on a car would be my last resort. I now have four halon extinguishers, of various capacities. Eventually, there will be one kept, permanently, in each of my old cars.

Talk about twisted.

My attempted reply to this nonsense has met with the usual results.

Posted on: 2009/12/10 1:56
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information

Alrighty folks. With everything else going on in this world going on there must be something better to talk about then getting pissy with each other over types of fire extinguishers.

Time to move along to other lines of conversation or get back to the original topic thread. No replies or comments are needed. Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/12/10 2:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Did you/are you going to buy the car?

Posted on: 2009/12/13 22:34
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Guy:

I PM'd you this morning.

ALK

Posted on: 2009/12/20 8:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:

...there must be something better to talk about then getting pissy with each other over types of fire extinguishers. Time to... get back to the original topic thread.

That's kind of what I thought, too, but I didn't say it very well. I do hope everyone makes it through the season without the need for such appliances.

So no, I didn't buy the car already.

I am taking the matter up again after the first of the year. It would be pure cruelty to automobiles to try to move, start or otherwise disturb a collectible car in an unheated garage during a Minnesota winter. I'm sure it will stay snug in its bed for some months to come. I am working on a plan of action to get the car next spring, and I believe it is doable.

(as for how or why this thread got off track, let that be last year's news)

Posted on: 2009/12/21 19:15
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved