Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 217

Pack120c, Flybiker18, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Traveling...
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sorry to those that have sent me emails in my slow response. I have been trying to get home for the last two days from the East Coast. Unfortunately the airlines have attempted to thwart my progress at every step. Currently sitting in Denver working on 3 hrs sleep in the last 48hrs. Hopefully I can make it home today!

Posted on: 2010/2/12 13:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Traveling...
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Be careful BigKev, and while you are trying to get home avoid these men at all costs. Do not rent a car with them, do not ride a train with them, and do not get on a plane with them!

Attach file:

jpg  (31.84 KB)
633_4b75b54887b98.jpg 640X319 px

Posted on: 2010/2/12 15:09
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well it took me a full 48 hrs to get home with only 3hrs of sleep in mixed in. But it affected all of my close friends that were traveling. One friend took her over 24hrs to get home from Memphis to San Diego, and another is has been trying to get home from Montreal for 3 days.He's currently stuck in Atlanta enroute to San Diego.

The snow on the East coast sure did snarl things. But the snow in the South devastated all the flights. With American, Delta, Continental it shut down all their main hubs. So for example my flight what supposed to leave Newark for a direct flight to LAX. Problem is that Newark typically gets feed with planes from Dallas on American. So they cancelled my flight and I was told it would not be until Sunday or Monday until they had another flight with an open seat for them to stick me in due to the system wide backup.

So I took matters into my own hand and bought was must has been the last open seat of of Newark first thing Friday morning on United which routed me through Denver. Which surprisingly had virtually no snow.

It was almost a riot in the airport. They had to have police in the terminal guarding the ticket agents as they were fearing for their lives.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 12:47
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kev, sorry to hear about your travails, please don't blame it on New Jersey, we take enough as it is. Just FYI, for winter travel from Newark I prefer Continental as it's a major hub for them. Plus they still give you a free meal (well, they call it a meal, I call it a starvation preventor).

Posted on: 2010/2/13 13:47
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave, I dont blame New Jersey. Jersey was more able to handle the snow. I bet some folks in the South have never seen snow until now.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 13:54
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't envy that trip one bit. Used to have to travel some in my younger days, but anymore 150 miles either way on the freeway is more than enough. Am getting to the point that any further from home than the grocery or hardware store is too far--particularly the way some idiots drive out here.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 14:39
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I hear there is more snow falling in the South, I think I have had my fill of snow this year!

So I am glad to me back in the sunshine here in So Calif. Actually today was rather warm as 82 degrees. Supposed to be in the low 80s here for the next couple of days.

Posted on: 2010/2/14 21:46
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hobbs
See User information
Quote:

Actually today was rather warm as 82 degrees. Supposed to be in the low 80s here for the next couple of days.

Must be Nice!!!

We just got ice and 2-3 inches of the phenomenon known as "Global Warming"

We wont see 80's until June-July

Posted on: 2010/2/15 0:09
1933 Packard Sedan
Registry
Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kev, we're having more snow tonight if you'd like to come back to NJ.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 9:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Little known fact about snow: It is actually a white fungus that comes out of the ground and raises to to sky. When it comes out too fast to be absorbed by air, it starts to accumulate on the ground (with apologies to C. Schultz). And, lately there has been a lot of fungus among us.

(o {I} o)

Copied from Project Blogs.

Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved