Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 201

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Friendly Website
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for their friendly and helpful information on this site. I joined the other site which Mr Czirr now moderates, a year or so ago (no longer a forum member), and to my disappointment not one response came, one offline that's all, I thought at the time, somewhat unkindly I guess, "These Packard Folks must be a bunch of unfriendly snobs" as it was so different from the Studebaker Drivers Club where one can say "Hi, I've just purchased an "X" and need advice, and by that night several posts have appeared welcoming said person and answering their queries.

Well done everyone!!!

Now, the above is "NOT" a personal criticism of Dave Czirr or anyone else, just my experience. Maybe it's changed now. I thought that saying I was from Australia may not have helped.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 0:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Friendly Website
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
A lot of the same people are on both sites. Perhaps they may check in on this site more than the other but there is good info on both sites and both are recommended along with the AACA site. In any case thank you for the kudos and I hope your project is coming along.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 1:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John,

I believe the Packard Club Site was "off the air" for a considerable time and this could have contributed to the lack of response to your introductory post. It came back up about 8 months ago and no doubt O_D, Dave, will be able to fill us in on that.

EDIT - Reviewing Randy's post, another Packard specific site is Packard120.com which, as can be seen from it's title, focuses on 120's.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 3:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
i was on the Packard Club website Forum a few months before it disappeared. In any case, no matter, I was rather unimpressed and when I got a Packard Magazine from "Office Administrators, I was surprised until I realized it was the name of a business - not the club being stuffy and officious.

I'll rejoin Dave's Forum and maybe the AACA too.

As for Studebelle, she's doing OK, had her serviced by my Toyota Dealer last week and the week before got the front bench seat repaired (new springs, new foam) and the old cover put back on. As the fellow who did it said, it's ready for when she's redone, just replace the cover.

As for my darling car here is a link to Flickr where there are 34 photos - not bad for a 48 year old car:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31883343@N00/

John

Posted on: 2010/2/13 4:37
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
Thank you Guscha, A nice photo of what could have been a Studebaker truck, but alas, South Bend was closed before they could be made.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 4:42
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
Am now back on the Packard club Forum. Will be interesting to see what topics appear.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 5:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi John: I'd be sorely disappointed if you detected anything "unfriendly" about the PAC forum and would like to hear about any such incidents by PM. As you know, the PAC forum was raided and corrupted several times a few years ago and, after a too-long hiatus, has returned with a new moderator (yours truly). Thus far it is quite different from PackardInfo in that there are many folks with questions but thus far hasn't built enough correspondents with expertise to allow answers to everything, hopefully that will change with time as more folks return. Thus far it tends to be comprised primarily of short, direct questions (hopefully which get a response), and few if any, long, rambling dialoges which transmogrify themselves along the way into other topics. I have absolutely no intention of controlling content except where absoutely necessary; thus far it's devoid of content about politics, the economy, or other babble (which may be serious, but non-Packard) which I really think belongs elsewhere. Also unlike PackardInfo, PAC's reference material isn't reached thru the forum but from the main website.

I like to think there is plenty of room for both and hope people will, as I do, find themselves welcome on both and willing to contributing to both, helping hobbists regardless of where they chose to post their needs for assistance. Its a hobby, not a competition. If anyone has any dissatisfaction with or suggestions to improve PAC's forum, I'd hope they contact me, just as we on occasion contact BigKev for such issues and opportunities on this site.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 9:53
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved